BlackBerry® has announced that BlackBerry® Messenger (BBM™) version 7.0.1,which features voice chatting over a Wi-Fi® connection, is now available for BlackBerry smartphones running the BlackBerry® 5 OS. BBM version 7.0.1 with BBM Voice is a fast, convenient, and inexpensive way to stay connected with friends, family and colleagues, and can be downloaded from the BlackBerry® World™ storefront*.
The response to BBM version 7 with BBM Voice has been tremendous. Since its launch in December for BlackBerry smartphones running the BlackBerry 6 OS and higher, more than 50 million BBM Voice calls have been made.
Quote from T.A. McCann, Vice President of BBM and Social Communities at BlackBerry:
“Our customers around the world have embraced BBM version 7, which has brought BBM to a whole new level, further strengthening the experience of reliable, fast, real-time engagement. By bringing BBM version 7 with BBM Voice to customers running BlackBerry 5 OS smartphones, we really broaden the base of people who can connect with each other, especially in many of our emerging markets where BBM is the leading player.”
What Other Features are Available in BBM 7 with BBM Voice?
- Multi-tasking with Split-screen feature – Customers can do more while they talk, such as check other BBM text chats, check email, or navigate to other apps while engaged on a BBM Voice call. They can start a call in an instant, and switch between texting and talking, or text and talk at the same time. They can also for example, send a picture to a contact while they are talking with them.
- Clear Visual Indicator – Customers can see when contacts are available for a voice call.
- Convenient Compatibility with Accessories – Customers can use their favorite accessories, such as a Bluetooth® or wired headset, or use their BlackBerry smartphone’s speakerphone.
- Simple BlackBerry ID Synchronization – Customers can set up BBID to link their BBM profile, Groups and Contacts with the BBID for easy backup and restore. BBID is required for BBM Voice and this can be set up when upgrading. The data will also carry over when they move to BlackBerry® 10.
For more information about BBM, please visit www.blackberry.com/bbm.
* BBM requires a BlackBerry service plan. The BBM Voice feature requires a Wi-Fi connection with access to the Internet and may not be available in all markets. BBM Contacts must also be on BBM 7.0+ and connected to Wi-Fi to have a BBM Voice call. Please note that it can take up to 24 hours to appear on BlackBerry World.
Download it now on BlackBerry World: http://za.blackberry.com/apps/blackberry-world.html#tab-1
Inside BlackBerry Blog: http://blogs.blackberry.com/2013/03/blackberry-10-twitter-linkedin-update
[VIDEO] BBM on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwJ9QlXwVSU