- New SAP certification of CommVault’s backup and recovery software for the SAP HANA platform helps reduce complexity and ensure data availability at massive scale.
- Modern data protection provides rapid recovery and simplified management to improve operational efficiency.
- Joins existing SAP certifications of CommVault software for its integration with SAP technology.
- CommVault software uses hardware-based snapshots for rapid, application-aware recovery of environments running the SAP NetWeaver technology platform, with integration via SAP ArchiveLink technology.
CommVault has announced that its Simpana 10 software has achieved certified integration with the SAP HANA platform. CommVault’s Simpana software enables companies to more easily and comprehensively manage, protect and recover massive volumes of high-performance transactional and analytical data.
As the consumerisation of IT and ‘Internet of Things’ continue to transform how companies engage with their customers, Fortune 500 organisations need to adjust to rapidly changing business requirements to remain competitive. Managing massive data growth and constant change also requires IT organisations to focus on efficiency and ensuring data integrity, protection and availability of mission critical information. Avoiding downtime is key. SAP HANA is being used as an enterprise cornerstone providing streamlined analytics, planning, and predictive and sentiment assessments. Simpana 10 software delivers robust and comprehensive backup and recovery for environments running SAP HANA with the speed, ease of use and performance required in the fast-moving world of real-time, predictive analytics.
“CommVault continues to enable enterprises to increase the business value of their information as a result of our investments in solutions for SAP HANA and our relationship with SAP as a member of the SAP PartnerEdge program for Application Development,” says David West, senior vice president, worldwide marketing and business development, CommVault. “Companies can speed up their data management by using CommVault software together with solutions based on SAP HANA.”
The new SAP-certified integration with the SAP HANA platform is especially timely because of increasing demand from CommVault customers for deeper protection of enterprise database applications from SAP. In addition, with CommVault’s newly available support for Fujitsu’s FlexFrame, an end-to-end operating platform for infrastructures running SAP solutions, customers can have more confidence that running on Fujitsu technology is highly scalable, fully protected and recoverable.
With its unique single-platform architecture, Simpana software can help companies meet business demands more efficiently and easily. Customers can anticipate reducing the costs, risks and complexities associated with protecting and accessing information for environments running SAP software.
CommVault Simpana 10 takes advantage of the distinctive capabilities of SAP HANA to deliver key benefits, including:
- Simpler administration through integration with SAP HANA studio and policy-based automation.
- Simplified end-to-end backup for a large-scale single-node and multi-node SAP HANA environments.
- Robust and comprehensive backup and recovery with automatic log backups, command line support and efficient job management and reporting.