- The next step in the evolution of Dell’s EMEA channel business creates a simplified go-to-market model with strong end-to-end support for the customer
- Key incentives include expansion of Dell Financial Services, increased access to demo equipment and new rebate levels for software partners
- Dell affirms next step in its plans to grow and strengthen EMEA channel business above industry average rates
- Expansion of ProSupport Plus through partners across EMEA
Dell has announced a series of new programs and incentives to significantly strengthen its commitment to its Dell EMEA Channel Partners. The wide range of initiatives has been designed to support EMEA partners to grow their businesses more profitably with Dell.
Dell is offering a selection of programs specifically targeted to partners including increased access to equipment, a suite of tailored financial services and a two percent rebate on software sales for Dell Premier Partners.
New PartnerDirect Programs and Incentives
As part of its ongoing commitment to its EMEA channel partners Dell is announcing a series of new programs to drive joint business:
- End-To-End Sales Support: Dell’s sales force will focus on assisting partners to close business with products from its portfolio suited to meet end customer needs, including Dell PowerEdge servers, storage, networking, software, thin client, workstations and Dell SecureWorks. The company will offer partners expanded rebates for multiple products sold in one deal.
- Coverage Models: Deal Registration will continue to allow partners to identify all direct opportunities with end customers. Channel partners will also benefit from leads provided by Dell, encouraging a channel-led approach for specifically targeted end customers that would benefit from channel partner involvement. This will enable partners to identify and target specific companies with the assurance that Dell will not pro-actively pursue such leads, although end customers still have the choice of buying directly from Dell or through a partner.
- Expanded Access to Dell Equipment: Dell has confirmed a six-fold increase its investment in demonstration units and lab gear available to its channel partners across EMEA. The company is applying dedicated budget and resources to make sure partners have the tools, training and products they need to win new business. On top of this initiative, partners can benefit from special conditions using Dell Financial Services (DFS) to lease Dell demonstration equipment, enabling partners to conserve cash and pay as they demonstrate and win new business.
- Increased Access to Finance: Dell Financial Services (DFS) will offer a channel financing program across EMEA to help partners grow their Dell business. The program typically gives qualified Premier and Preferred partners, as well as Dell’s distributors, an additional 15 days credit and a higher credit limit. Channel Financing offers a cash management tool and on demand financing to help relieve working capital pressures on partners and enable faster channel growth. The new program complements DFS end user financing: used together the combination of a financed sale with financed supply will dramatically improve a Channel Partner’s cash flow.
- Further Rebate on Software Sales: Dell Premier Partners in EMEA will have the opportunity to claim a two percent rebate on software sales in earned competencies. The offer will apply to sales of solutions within the four software competencies: security, information management, data protection, and systems management.
Enterprise Solutions Expand Channel Opportunities
Dell continuously introduces new solutions to help customers successfully navigate the rapidly changing IT landscape and prepare their data centres for the future. These solutions give Dell Channel Partners more opportunities to expand their existing customer relationships and to establish new ones. These channel-friendly solutions include:
- Dell PowerEdge VRTX integrates servers, storage, networking and management into a single office-optimised chassis the size of a tower server, putting the power and function of a complete data centre into one small package. PowerEdge VRTX has won many industry awards including its recognition as Server of the Year for 2013.
- The Dell Storage portfolio is designed with built-in efficiency, resilience and agility to help customers access the right data at the right time at the right price. Dell’s approach makes IT storage more economical, offering all-flash performance at the price of disk solutions.
- Dell Networking offers open, standards-based architectures for maximum interoperability and choice, better-together solutions engineered to improve IT efficiency and cost. Its easy-to-use software tools streamline and simplify operations and service delivery, enabling customers to save money, grow and maximise productivity.
- Dell Software makes it easy to securely manage and protect applications, systems, devices and data to help organisations of all sizes make the most of their technology. Dell’s simple yet powerful software – combined with its hardware and services – provides scalable, integrated solutions to drive value and accelerate results.
- The Dell Thin Client portfolio offers a wide selection of secure, reliable, cost-effective thin clients. It’s designed to easily integrate into any virtualized or web-based infrastructure, while meeting the budget and performance requirements for any application.
- Dell Workstations are powerful tower, rack and mobile workstations, featuring exceptional graphics capabilities and storage capacity along with design features that enable easy expansion.
- Dell SecureWorks information security services help customers protect IT assets, comply with regulations and reduce costs — without having to build internal security expertise from scratch.
Stronger EMEA Channel Focus
In the next step of its EMEA Channel business evolution, Dell is changing its leadership structure and improving its go-to-market model, to focus on providing greater choice and value to our end customers and growing our Channel business.
By reshaping its EMEA channel sales and segment sales teams under a single leadership, Dell is focused on enabling its EMEA partners to benefit from a more consistent, predictable system allowing faster decision-making for deal registrations and an internal Dell culture that continues to reward Dell sales staff for winning Dell business across its direct and indirect sales channels. Now more than six years old, Dell PartnerDirect continues to develop and enhance its offering based on partner feedback. The program accounts for approximately half of Dell’s commercial revenue in EMEA and is growing at a multiple to the market. PartnerDirect has been lauded by the industry with hundreds of awards in its tenure and currently includes more than 48000 EMEA partners, with thousands of Dell Preferred and Premier Partners.
Today Dell announced that it is expanding ProSupport Plus availability through its partners across EMEA. Dell ProSupport Plus proactively improves the performance and stability of critical enterprise IT systems.
PartnerDirect Program Update Availability
Program enhancements are targeted to launch across EMEA during 2014. Specific details will be communicated directly to Dell’s PartnerDirect partners as they are available.
“We are pleased to pilot the Dell Channel financing program in the UK” said Karen McInerney, Group Financial Controller, Computacenter. “We’re using the program in the UK and Germany now and France will follow later in the year. The enrolment process is very simple and straightforward. The Channel Financing programme will enable future growth with Dell to be more profitable for Computacenter”
“Dell has a long-running commitment to its channel partners in the EMEA region and we continue to offer them the tools they need to help drive sales and expand,” said Brad Pulford, Dell enterprise solutions group director. “We recognise the importance of looking after our partners; we are investing in them now to make their business more successful going forward. With this new series of programs and incentives, we are making it easier for our partners to work with Dell sales teams, giving them a cost advantage over competitors. Combined, these benefits will enable Dell’s EMEA channel program to become even stronger and to deliver IT solutions to its customers more efficiently than ever before.”