Workgroup’s dedicated Computer Associates (CA) division has announced the immediate availability of CA Recovery Management 12.5.
It will include a new set of features for its Recovery Management 12.5 Suite, namely CA ARCserve Backup, CA XOsoft Replication and CA XOsoft High Availability.
“Data growth and the effective management thereof has always been top of mind with IT administrators and forward thinking executives,” says Ligia De Gouveia, CA product manager at Workgroup. “Today, businesses are looking for data management applications that offer high levels of protection, simplified management and high speed recovery as well as solid business continuity and disaster recovery capabilities.”
The combination of the solutions that form Recovery Management 12.5 allow organisations to safeguard data stored on diverse physical and virtual server environments, both locally and in remote offices, and to enable on-premise operational recovery and disaster recovery, as well as automated failover and failback from standby systems.
New to CA XOsoft Replication and CA XOsoft High Availability:
• Virtualisation enhancements.
• Certification of virtual machine replication and failover for Citrix, XenServer and Citrix Essentials.
• Windows System State Protection and Windows Registry Synchronisation provide operating system protection and recovery efficiency.
• Replication for UNIX and Linux environments, offering broader protection via a single, comprehensive solution for heterogeneous environments.
• 64-bit native engine for x86 to x64 replication and migration.
New to CA ARCserve Backup r12.5:
• Integrated data deduplication.
• Enhanced virtualisation support which allows users to perform image- and file-level backup and restores in VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 environments.
• Oracle RMAN and 64-bit platform compatibility simplifies the backup of Oracle databases and supports the backup of Oracle databases on both 32-bit and 64-bit platforms.
• Agent deployment packages leverage a wizard-like application that lets users simultaneously install and upgrade CA ARCserve Backup agents on multiple remote hosts, so they can ensure that they are running the most current versions of all agents in their backup environment.