New AMD Phenom II processors and AMD Athlon II processors deliver advanced computing per dollar for multiple desktop product form factors
What: AMD (NYSE:AMD) today expanded its AMD Phenom II and AMD Athlon II processor families for desktop with several new processors designed to give mainstream consumers advanced performance capabilities from their desktop PCs at increasingly attractive price points. As desktop PCs continue trending toward smaller form factors, AMD remains committed to maximizing the user experience by bringing platform technology integration, efficiency and performance benefits to consumers. Examples of the new processor offerings from AMD include:
• The new AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition processor, AMD’s fastest dual-core desktop processor to date at 3.2 GHz, is an ideal choice for the budget-conscious consumer’s Microsoft Windows 7 system platform at an affordable $99 Suggested System Builder Price (SSBP).
• The new AMD Athlon II X4 635 processor is designed to provide exceptional quad-core performance to handle the demands of multitasking and multi-threaded applications.
Why: Continuing its commitment to providing high performance at affordable prices, AMD meets the computing needs of mainstream consumers with these new processors – from gamers to social media devotees. This variety and value enables OEMs and system builders to develop compelling PC solutions optimised for Windows 7.
Who: The new additions to the AMD Phenom II and AMD Athlon II processor lines are great choices for consumers interested in HD entertainment, casual gaming, digital file editing and social-media networking.
Benefits: When combined with the latest generation of ATI Radeon 5800 Series graphics cards and AMD 7-series chipsets, these new AMD Phenom II and AMD Athlon II processors can provide consumers with optimal user experience and capabilities such as:
• Brilliant HD entertainment experience
• Support for DirectX 11 gaming feature
• Exceptional energy efficiency with dynamic power management
• Socket AM3 compatibility for flexibility and compatibility with motherboards based on the upcoming AMD 800-series chipset
• Advanced multitasking performance
• Optimized for Windows 7 and the latest sleek desktop designs
CPU Name TDP Frequency 1ku Price
AMD Athlon™ II X2 255 65 W 3.1 GHz $74
AMD Athlon™ II X3 440 95 W 3.0 GHz $84
AMD Athlon™ II X4 635 95 W 2.9 GHz $119
AMD Phenom™ II X2 555 80 W 3.2 GHz $99
AMD Phenom™ II X4 910e 65 W 2.6 GHz $169