ATI FirePro V8800 professional graphics with ATI Eyefinity technology supports up to double the display real estate with 2.6 teraflops of breakthrough compute performance in a single card
AMD (NYSE: AMD) announced the launch of the first of a new family of ATI FirePro professional graphics solutions with ATI Eyefinity technology, delivering clear performance advances and productivity leadership. The ATI FirePro V8800—the industry’s most powerful professional graphics card ever created and the only professional graphics solution in the world supporting ATI Eyefinity multi-display technology and Microsoft DirectX 11 technology is available for order from AMD and its technology partners.
“AMD is the undisputed consumer graphics leader and we’re bringing many of the same cutting edge innovations from our ATI Radeon HD 5000 series to the professional graphics market for the first time. The ATI FirePro V8800 with ATI Eyefinity multi-display technology effectively dissolves visual limitations for professionals,” said Rick Bergman, senior vice president and general manager, AMD Products Group. “Our ecosystem has never been stronger as we’re actively working with leading ISVs and OEMs on a global scale to offer unprecedented choice and advanced performance for handling today’s modern workloads. We’re confident the latest family of ATI FirePro professional graphics brings new value to the workstation graphics market.”
The ATI FirePro V8800 is an affordable (MSRP $1499 USD) and powerful solution, delivering 2.6 teraflops of raw computing power with the highest memory bandwidth (147.2 GB/s) available in any single-card professional graphics solution, more than two times the compute power of the previous generation making it the ideal solution for manipulating large and complex photorealistic models in real-time. In the coming months AMD plans to round out its next-generation ATI FirePro family, offering a number of solutions to meet the various 2D and 3D needs of professionals working in CAD, Digital Content Creation (DCC), Broadcast, Medical Imaging and Financial Services.
ATI Eyefinity multi-display technology
With ATI Eyefinity technology, professionals can use up to 2x the screen workspace with a single card and increase productivity. Three and four display desktop configurations are simple to enable with the ATI FirePro V8800 users only need to connect the additional displays to the graphics card.
• See more: with one ATI FirePro V8800 users can drive up to four independent 30” displays enabling 16.4 million pixels in vivid color detail for a truly immersive environment.
• Expansive desktop space: manage multitasking more efficiently, and view more designs, applications and images at once.
• Speedy workflows: avoid time-wasting application-switching, window-sorting, mouse-clicking and scrolling.
• Single desktop: support for an intuitive Graphical User Interface allows configuration of a single desktop surface across multiple displays.
• Synchronized outputs: ATI Eyefinity technology works seamlessly with ATI FirePro S400 Synchronization Module, enabling up to four displays per graphics card to be synchronized at a time.
AMD works closely with leading application providers to optimise ATI FirePro professional graphics, and ATI FirePro professional graphics have been certified on more than 90 applications.
• All ATI FirePro professional graphics are tested against a battery of simulations and real-world scenarios to ensure compatibility and stability.
• AMD also issues regular updates to its unified driver, delivering performance improvements, enhanced features and support across the ATI FirePro family