IT security and data protection firm, Sophos, has announced version 5.50 of Sophos SafeGuard Easy and Sophos SafeGuard Enterprise, a data protection product line designed to address a broad array of customer requirements, implementation options and long-term data protection plans.
“In its 2009 Magic Quadrant for Mobile Data Protection, Gartner noted that every company must include mobile data protection in its IT operations plan. Sophos has delivered on this message by offering two distinctly different data protection solutions built on the same award-winning platform,” says Brett Myroff, CEO of regional Sophos distributor, Sophos South Africa.
Sophos SafeGuard Enterprise 5.50, a multi-layered endpoint data security encryption and data leakage prevention (DLP) solution, addresses customers’ central policy management needs and the requirement to secure desktops, laptops, removable media and other portable devices. The SafeGuard Enterprise engine complies with most recent standards and platforms to support enterprise customers’ current and future infrastructure security needs.
For customers primarily addressing regulatory requirements, such as Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS), Sophos SafeGuard Easy 5.50 is a simplified, full disk encryption solution for laptops and PCs. Given its shared engine platform, Safeguard Easy customers can seamlessly upgrade to SafeGuard Enterprise without the need to re-encrypt the company’s endpoints.
The new versions of Sophos SafeGuard introduce several new capabilities that address a variety of TCO considerations. For example:
* Forgotten full disk encryption passwords can be securely recovered with the Local Self Help functionality. Users simply answer questions they created during the initial enrolment to retrieve their password, bypassing the help desk completely.
* A new server installation wizard enables administrators to install the Sophos SafeGuard Enterprise server and client components, and required Microsoft server components, faster and with accurate configuration settings.
* Administrator Accounts enhancements allow administrators to audit and perform essential tasks on PCs during encryption rollouts. Managing security officer roles and groups has also been made easier especially for large deployments.
* New administrator access options and updated policy controls provide a variety of deployment alternatives for both centrally- and non-centrally managed environments- from a few PCs in remote offices to over 100,000 PCs including those in service provider type deployments. IT administrators can easily rollout encryption across heterogeneous environments ensuring users are protected at all times regardless of their location.
* The latest Sophos SafeGuard solutions fully support Windows 7 64-bit, including Sophos SafeGuard Enterprise modules: Device Encryption, Partner Connect, and Management Center. SafeGuard Enterprise Management Center and Server also support Windows Server 2008R2 (64-bit).
All existing Sophos SafeGuard Enterprise and Sophos SafeGuard Easy customers who are covered by the maintenance contract and have the appropriate license are entitled to receive the latest version at no additional cost.