RedLinX Embedded Systems recently entered into a distribution agreement with Getac, an International Original Equipment Manufacturer of one of the best Ruggedised Notebooks, Tablets and PDAs on the market today. RedLinX Embedded Systems will be the sole distributer of Getac products in South Africa. One of the key products which RedLinX are distributing is the Rugged Notebooks, which are designed for out of office use for military, telecoms, industrial, transportation, logistical and government applications.
Says Sean van der Walt, managing director at RedLinX, “We are very excited about the distribution agreement and we are glad to be offering such an extensive rugged product range to our clients and the South African market. We will also be offering customised service to satisfy the varying requirements of the different vertical market segments.”
As one of the leading ruggedised computing solution supplier, Getac offers the most extensive rugged computing product lines covering from notebook, tablets and handhelds, and the ruggedness level ranges from fully rugged, semi-rugged to business rugged. All products utilize state of the art technologies, and meet with international testing criteria, such as MIL-STD 810G, IP ratings (IP54, IP65, IP67), and 461E. Getac provides excellent, customized service to satisfy the varying requirements of different vertical market segments.
Since its establishment, Getac has made several technology breakthroughs over the last two decades, such as industrial leading sunlight readable panel technology QuadraClear™, Night Vision without Goggle, power saving technology, and launching the industrial’s first resistive multi-touch touch screen ruggedized computing solutions.
To celebrate this distribution agreement RedLinX are offering an opening special on a Getac P470, rugged Notebook (R13 192 for the P470P001 and R14 760 for the P470P002) till 31 May 2010. The P470 has the following attributions:
– 14.1″ TFT LCD WXGA (1280 x 800) Standard display with protection glass; Optional 500 nits QuadraClear™ sunlight readable display
– Intel® Centrino® Technology, Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T7200 2.0GHz, 667 MHz FSB, 4MB L2 cache, Mobile Intel® 945GM chipset
– Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2, Fingerprint Scanner and Smart Card Support
– 1GB DDR2 expandable to 4GB, Shock-protected Removable SATA HDD 160GB
– Vibration and Drop-resistant
– Water-resistant Design
– Integrated Handle
– Magnesium Alloy Case
– Versatile Wireless Access: WLAN and Bluetooth
– Media Bay Feature Maximizes Flexibility and Customized Applications
– Temperature: 0°C to 45°C (Operating), -40°C to 70°C (Storage)
Concludes van der Walt, “At RedLinX it is our aim to offer our clients the best solution together with excellent service is a priority, therefore our team will always find the best and most cost-effective solution that has long-term sustainability for every customer’s business. The distribution agreement gives us the opportunity to do exactly this.”