Latest innovations provide high performance, high density solutions for cloud, virtual desktop and wired-wireless environments
Cisco announced today new products and services across all the functional elements of its Borderless Network Architecture — the switching, routing, security, and wireless portfolios. Notable additions include the highest-performing and high-density Catalyst switch, Adaptive Security Appliance firewall and compact ASR 1000 router in their classes; new entry-level 802.11n wireless access points for smaller businesses; and new and enhanced smart services offerings.
Additionally, a new network service was announced to accelerate application performance physically and virtually (Application Velocity Network Service). For more information on the Application Velocity Network Service announcement, click here.
Key Highlights: The new products and professional and technical services Cisco announced today extend the Borderless Networks portfolio to address the growing need for high-performance, reliable and secure application delivery from a smaller number of consolidated data centers to a growing number of wired and wireless endpoints, while optimising overall resource utilisation and footprint.
High Performance/High Density Innovations:
• The Cisco Catalyst 4500E Series switch, the industry’s most widely deployed modular platform, raises the bar in performance for campus switching by delivering 848 Gbps of system bandwidth and the highest density of 384 Power over Ethernet Plus (PoEP) capable ports.
• The Cisco ASA 5585-X Adaptive Security Appliance delivers MultiScale performance in a compact 2 RU form factor. Ideal for mission-critical data centers, it provides a security system that sets the bar for performance with eight times the performance density of its competitors.
• The Cisco ASR 1001 router is the industry’s most compact edge routing solution at 1RU and the highest performance router for its size. The Cisco ASR 1001 supports an on-demand performance upgrade from 2.5Gbps to 5Gbps as well as incremental services on-demand.
• The Aironet 1040 Series Access Point expands Cisco’s mobility portfolio and accelerates adoption of 802.11n by providing enterprise performance with an entry-level price, reduced operational complexity and a competitive feature set.
End User Security and Energy Saving Enhancements:
• AnyConnect 3.0 further expands network endpoint capabilities with new IPSEC IKEv2 support in addition to SSL and DTLS, an integrated 802.1X supplicant, and 802.1AE MACSec support.
• EnergyWise can deliver even more cost savings by rapidly growing Cisco Developer Network (CDN) partnerships to include leading data center physical infrastructure provider, APC by Schneider Electric, and smart power distribution unit (PDU) manufacturers including Cyber Switching, Raritan, Server Technology and WTI.
Deployment and Optimisation Innovations:
• SBA Enterprise, a series of prescriptive blueprints to help simplify a phased approach to planning and deployment, lets customers with up to 10,000 connected devices deploy Borderless Networks using Cisco tested and validated solutions.
• CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution 4.0 provides a comprehensive and fully integrated management tool with intuitive work centers to automate workflows and ease deployment for Borderless Network services such as EnergyWise and TrustSec, in addition to simplifying monitoring and troubleshooting the network.
• Cisco is also announcing new and enhanced smart services to help customers realise the full value of their network investments. The new Cisco Smart Net Total Care Service, which scales to large enterprises, provides IT professionals the unique ability to see exactly what is going on in their networks, allowing them to increase operational efficiency, reduce risk, and lower support costs on a proactive basis.