HP has walked away with the lion’s share of the prizes at the inaugural Channelwise Awards held last night in Kyalami.
The Channelwise Awards are an opportunity for resellers to have their say by voting for the vendors and distributors that have best met their needs over the last year.
According to the organisers, well over 1000 individuals registered for the online voting process, a number that was cut down to 709 by the time incomplete, duplicate or ineligible votes were removed.
Importantly, each reseller could only vote once. The system was set up to reject a second log-in from the same IP address so as to ensure as fair a process as possible.
The judging was in eight different market areas: Servers and Storage; Notebook Computers; Personal Computers; Networking/Infrastructure; Printers and Consumables; Components; Peripherals and Software.
HP was a clear winner in the resellers’ eyes, not only for the Enterprise Business (EB) but also for the Personal Systems Group (PSG) and the Imaging and Printing Group (IPG). The company walked away with first place in thirteen out of eighteen categories that HP qualified for;
• NAS/SAN vendor of the year
• Volume Server vendor of the year
• Blade Server vendor of the year
• Enterprise server vendor of the year
• Switch vendor of the year
• Volume PC vendor of the year – Notebook (sub R6000)
• Value Notebook vendor of the year – Notebook (above R6000)
• Hi-End PC vendor of the year
• Inkjet printer vendor of the year
• MFP Inkjet printer vendor of the year
• MFP Laser printer vendor of the year
• Printing consumables vendor of the year
• Laser printer vendor of the year
“This is a fantastic achievement for HP,” says Martin Meltz, Enterprise Channel Manager, ESS (Enterprise Servers and Storage) Manager, HP South Africa. “The recognition given to HP by the Channel last night will be a strong incentive for HP to innovate in the Channel to maintain this strong position. This recognition is greatly appreciated.
Meltz adds that the turnout on the evening was very impressive, with all of the key IT leaders and distribution partners in attendance. “HP looks forward to taking part again next year,” he concludes.