Five Cisco Strategic Partners Honoured with 13 Awards at South Africa Partner Summit
Cisco recognised the performance of its top channel partners in South Africa in 2010 at an awards ceremony, to mark the culmination of the company’s South Africa Partner Summit.
The Cisco Partner Summit South Africa was held at Velmore Estates in Johannesburg on the 18th November 2010. Themed ‘innovate’, the Summit, a forum dedicated to supporting channel and strategic partners, focused on the company’s strategy for Cisco solutions encompassing Borderless Networks, Unified Communications, Data Centre & Virtualisation and Collaboration.
The top performing Cisco partner in South Africa was Dimension Data winning seven awards, including Public Sector Partner of the Year and Enterprise Partner of the Year. Business Connexion was recognised with three awards, including Service Provider of the Year, while Comstor was named Distribution Partner of the Year.
Highlights / Key Facts:
The Cisco Partner Awards recognise exemplary channel partners whose business best practices have demonstrably contributed to the success of the customers they serve, through a combination of innovation and operational excellence. Award winners are nominated by local and regional Cisco executives.
The Cisco South Africa Partner award winners for 2010 are:
• Dimension Data which won seven awards – Public Sector Partner of the Year; Enterprise Partner of the Year; Data Centre Partner of the Year; Collaboration Partner of the Year ; Borderless Network Partner of the Year; Academy Partner of the Year and Commercial Partner of the Year. The company was commended for contributing significantly to Cisco’s increased revenues and year on year growth in various sectors in South Africa.
• Business Connexion which walked away with three awards – Service Provider of the Year; Services Partner of the Year and Product Champion of the Year. They were recognised for amongst other accolades, the development of innovative new Cisco Managed Services, product bundles, their sales approach, their adoption of Cisco channel programmes, collaboration with Cisco teams as well as active participation in Cisco events.
• Tarsus (Marius Vermeulen) was awarded Product Champion of the Year for owning and driving Cisco initiatives as well as their collaboration with Cisco teams.
• Comstor was awarded Distribution Partner of the Year for creating the best home-grown incentive initiatives and being Cisco’s best performing distributor.
• NIL Africa was awarded Learning Partner of the Year for their success in end user certification as well as alignment and leading with architecture.