Frost & Sullivan have created an in-depth study entitled: “World’s Top Global Mega Trends to 2020 and Implications to Business, Society and Cultures” to guide strategic thinking.
Key components of this study will be presented at GIL 2011: Africa, Frost & Sullivan’s inaugural Growth, Innovation and Leadership congress in Africa.
Attendees at the event will be presented with the opportunity to examine and discuss these global forces and how they will impact on their businesses over the next ten years.
“Mega trends have diverse meanings and impacts for different industries, companies and individuals,” Frost & Sullivan states. “Analysis of these mega trends and their implications forms an important component of a company’s future strategy, development and innovation process.”
Mega trends identified by Frost & Sullivan include:
- Smart cities and smart infrastucture that will be constructed on the
- premise of energy efficiency and zero emissions.
- A reverse brain drain that will not only see the return of large
- numbers of highly skilled workers to developing economies, but will lead many Americans and Europeans to seek work in these same regions.
- New trade zones that will spur the development of new trading hubs,
- particularly in Asia, Africa and Latin America.
- Innovative technologies in the areas of nanomaterials, flexible
- electronics and lasers.
- A boom in the sale of electric vehicles, including electric
- aircraft, that will demand new infrastructure and technology solutions.