The division, which has connected over two million ports in two decades, has been a ShoreTel partner for two years. “We chose the critically-acclaimed ShoreTel range based on its ability to disrupt and lead the communications industry with new technology for a new era,” says Bennie Langenhoven, managing executive of Tellumat Communication Solutions.
“The Mobility Solution completes the exciting value proposition of pure Internet Protocol-based unified communications [UC], as it allows roaming workers to be accessible via their choice of device, based on intelligent presence and to participate in office collaboration via a rich application environment.”
Langenhoven says as the mobile workforce continues to grow, organisations are facing skyrocketing mobile phone costs, especially on international trips. Many also struggle to reach workers while they’re on the go – whether on the other side of the globe or simply on another floor.
The ShoreTel Mobility solution extends voice and UC applications to a wide range of single- and dual-mode (cellular and Wi-Fi-cellular) handsets, including BlackBerry, iPhone and Nokia.
“This turns handsets into fully converged devices that can be set up to make and receive calls from both the enterprise and personal cellular numbers, while automatically selecting the best network,” he continues.
In addition, fast and automatic midcall handover from deskphone to WiFi to GSM, helps optimise cost, call quality and battery life without end-user involvement. “This keeps connectivity on the go brilliantly simple,” says Langenhoven.
ShoreTel Mobility Solution benefits
The ShoreTel Mobility Solution offers a range of benefits that give enterprises the edge:
- Cut roaming charges by up to 80% on overseas or otherwise remote sites, combining WiFi access (often free) to the corporate VPN with local cellular breakout rates.
- High-quality, low cost in-building coverage, by leveraging the enterprise wireless LAN.
- Extended coverage to home and public WiFi hotspots with secure encrypted TLS/SSL.
- Increased user productivity
- Greater responsiveness and accessibility
- One number, one voicemail and one caller ID via one four-digit extension – even while abroad
- Access to corporate directories
- All the power of the desk phone and enterprise PBX functionality extended to the mobile.
- Simplified UC by infusing location awareness and mobile context into UC applications, allowing colleagues of mobile workers to make a choice of channel and person when seeking collaborative assistance.
Langenhoven says more than 50% of mobile calls, from within the enterprise to staff, are made to mobile numbers.
“It is a major cost driver, so a mobility solution to augment UC pays for itself very quickly, offering excellent return on investment.”