The rapid growth of online users and smart devices has contributed to the dwindling availability of Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4) web addresses. With IPv4 exhaustion quickly approaching, organisations must be prepared to support IPv6 to stay competitive and communicate with new and existing customers operating in IPv6. Yet many organisations have concerns about disrupting their existing network or introducing security vulnerabilities during the transition.
New HP Network Consulting for IPv6 services help eliminate the obstacles organisations face as they transition to IPv6. HP’s phased approach takes clients from IPv4, to a dual-protocol environment and ultimately to IPv6 only, ensuring seamless connectivity, business continuity and minimised risk.
“To fully realise the benefits of IPv6, clients need to understand the implications it has across their entire organisation — from the end-user experience to security threats that impact their network and IT,” said Leon Erasmus, Country Manager, HP Technology Services, South Africa. “Clients can leverage HP’s phased transition approach and methodology to drive a common vision and plan focused on their unique enterprise needs.”
HP works with clients to design a solution that addresses their current needs and delivers immediate results, including:
- HP Transformation Experience Workshop for IPv6, an interactive, half-day session that helps clients develop a vision and roadmap that aligns technology with the organisation’s enterprise needs for IPv6.
- HP IPv6 Readiness Assessment Service, a two-part assessment that evaluates the technical impact of IPv6 on the existing network and IT by analysing readiness, identifying potential security threats and addressing governance issues. As a result, clients can work with HP to determine when, where and how to proceed with the transition for maximum return on investment.
- HP IPv6 Web Start Service allows clients to maintain communication continuity via their external website, as they develop a comprehensive transition strategy. The service designs and deploys a Gateway Solution that IPv6-enables the client’s IPv4 only website, allowing it to operate in a dual-protocol environment.
- HP consultants help clients throughout the transition to IPv6 including planning, design and implementation of an end-state architecture. These services include:
- HP IPv6 Architecture and Design Service, which offers clients a comprehensive blueprint for adopting IPv6. HP consultants analyse current and desired environments to build a foundational strategy that ensures IPv6 is successfully deployed across the enterprise.
- HP IPv6 Transition Consulting Service helps clients who have completed the IPv6 Architecture and Design Service deploy the blueprint strategy and address the updates required to support systems as well as applications.
- HP IPv6 Integration and Deployment Service leverages HP’s 40 plus years of experience working with multivendor IT environments to provide technical expertise and comprehensive project management that ensures a nondisruptive deployment.
“The IPv6 assessment completed by HP working with our team gave us a comprehensive view of our infrastructure and applications compliance for IPv6 within our IT and communication environment,” said Shyam Kelshiker, manager, telecommunications services, Australian Trade Commission. “We now have an appreciation of what the opportunities and implications of IPv6 are for our business and can chart an appropriate course ahead.”