Questions to consider when consulting with an HR and Payroll vendor:
- Make sure you understand the value proposition the company is offering. If price is the deciding factor, you will most likely not get the service you require. Make a decision based on a long-term perspective.
- Do site visits and speak to payroll, HR and finance to get an understanding of what worked and what did not.
- Can the vendor maintain software from both a legislative and technology perspective?
- Do they have the infrastructure to support you should you expand across Southern Africa or even Africa?
- Can they add value to you business in terms of supplying you with payroll experts should you have a crisis in your payroll/HR office?