Seven New Services Now Available; New Remote Control App for Apple and Android Mobile Devices Improves Media Player Navigation
Western Digital, a leader in external storage solutions and maker of the acclaimed WD TV media player family, has added several additional new sports and entertainment services to the WD TV Live and WD TV Live Hub media players, adding to the media player family’s current content offerings from Netflix, Hulu Plus, Blockbuster, CinemaNow, Spotify, Pandora, YouTube, Facebook and many others. These new services include Flixster, SnagFilms, XOS College Sports, SEC Digital Network, Comedy Time and Watch Mojo.
Additionally, the new WD TV Remote app improves the navigation experience for WD TV Live and WD TV Live Hub users by turning their iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, or Android compatible mobile device into an advanced feature remote control for their WD TV. The WD TV Remote advanced features allow users to more easily navigate the wide variety of digital media WD TV users enjoy on their television, from leading entertainment services to personal video, photos or music.
• Flixster – The movie browsing and review experience for customers of WD TV media players is improved with the addition of the Flixster service to WD TV media players. Flixster allows users to watch movie trailers and read critics’ reviews from Rotten Tomatoes. Flixster also provides an informational screen for each movie that lists information such as the starring actors, the director, a synopsis of the film, and the movie’s running time.
• SnagFilms – Customers now have on-demand access to SnagFilms’ broad collection of full-length independent films, free of charge, in genres such as documentary, comedy, drama, family friendly and pop culture.
• XOS College Sports – This free service offers the largest digital library of college sports video, including more than 75 years of current and classic college sports action.
• SEC Digital Network – On demand access is available for current season and classic Southeastern Conference games, videos, interviews and more. This service includes more than 1,000 hours of original and exclusive video.
• Comedy Time – This free service includes a broad library of short-form comedy video programming.
• Watch Mojo – Customers now have free access to Watch Mojo’s professionally-produced premium videos in categories such as Comedy, Education, Fashion, Food, Health & Fitness, Music, Politics, Technology and Video Games.
Improved Navigation with WD TV Remote
The new WD TV Remote app improves the navigation experience for WD TV Live and WD TV Live Hub users, providing all the features of the standard WD TV remote control along with several advanced features, including a gesture pad to help navigate menu screens and services with intuitive touch gestures, as well as QWERTY keyboard support for text entry and search functionality. A favorites screen provides quick access to entertainment services on the WD TV. WD TV Remote connects over the home wireless network and can work with multiple WD TV media players in the home. Additionally, WD TV Remote is available in multiple languages, including English, German, Spanish, Italian, French, Japanese, Korean, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Russian, and Portuguese.
“WD TV personalizes the entertainment experience for consumers better than any other digital media player,” said Chris Bull, director of marketing for WD’s Connected Home Solutions group. “Whether it is photos or movies on your PC, Mac, tablet, smartphone, personal cloud drive such as the My Book Live, or one of our exciting entertainment services such as VUDU, WD TV media players enable anyone in the family to easily enjoy a custom entertainment experience with their favorite movies, TV shows, music and photos.”