Symantec Unites the Power of the VeriSign and Norton Brands for Greater Website Protection
Symantec Corp. (NASDAQ: SYMC) announced that it is combining the power of the VeriSign checkmark with the industry-leading Norton brand, to create the most recognized trust mark on the Internet – the Norton™ Secured Seal. It will be displayed more than half a billion times per day in 170 countries on websites and in search results on enabled browsers. The Norton Secured Seal provides consumers and businesses with the assurance that the website is highly-trusted and secure.
Together with the combined brand equity strengths, Symantec and Norton have created the most trusted global brand for protecting information and identities online. Since the acquisition of the VeriSign Authentication Services business, Symantec has expanded its authentication business, integrating rigorous website security and anti-malware technologies, to develop market-leading solutions. The company builds on its leadership, as the world’s largest and most trusted provider of Security Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates, into offering comprehensive website security solutions.
“Symantec and Norton’s combined brand equity have created the most trusted global brand for protecting information and identities online. Norton is committed to helping consumers stay protected, across all aspects of their digital lives,” saidsaid Kara Rawden, Senior Marketing Manager Middle East & Africa, Consumer Business Unit, Symantec . “The Norton Secured Seal is backed by the trusted Norton brand and empowers consumers to browse, shop, and socialize online with full confidence that their personal information is secure.”
Trust Seal Helps Improves a Company’s Website Business, Reputation and Customer Relationships
Business customers will value the Norton Secured Seal, for its proven ability to enable a secure online experience while increasing visibility and transactions. The seal can attract new visitors and potential customers that are crucial to a website’s success. This may result in increased traffic, more click throughs and higher rankings in search results. A U.S. online consumer study1 found that recognition of the Norton Secured seal is high.
• 94 percent of consumers are likely to continue an online purchase when they view the Norton™ Secured Seal during the checkout process, more than other seals or when no seal was displayed
• 77 percent of consumers recognized the Norton™ Secured Seal, more than competitors’ trust seals
• 65 percent of consumers agree that a website displaying the Norton™ Secured Seal is “safe to browse and won’t give me a virus”, more than any other online trust mark
• 90 percent of respondents indicated they would not continue a transaction if they saw a browser warning page indicating the absence of a secure connection.
Protecting consumers’ information and preserving their trust is central to Symantec’s business. And the Norton Secured Seal provides further assurance to businesses that their customers’ online information and transactions are protected at all stages of their engagement online.
Norton Helps Consumers Stay Safe Online
• Symantec’s consumer products are used by more than 150 million people worldwide and Norton products ship on more than 60% of Windows-based consumer PCs
• The Norton Secured Seal is already familiar to consumers who use Norton Safe Web, a site ratings service that makes it easy for consumers to differentiate between a safe and risky site. In addition, Norton Safe Search leverages Safe Web technology to provide users visual site ratings within search results before they visit a site
• For consumers, seeing the Norton Secured Seal lets them know it is safe to communicate, transact and exchange information on that site.
To provide users a visual representation of the two most trusted names in online security, Symantec began automatically updating all VeriSign seals with the Norton™ Secured Seal to websites worldwide starting April 17, 2012 which will continue for two weeks. The completely seamless transition will require no action by current customers.