SMBs can now connect, protect and collaborate with centralised storage and backup-and-restore protection for up to 25 network devices
Western Digital (WD) has announced the availability of the WD Sentinel DX4000, a complete network storage solution designed specifically to meet the demands of today’s small to medium sized business (SMB). Powered by Intel D525 Dual Core Atom CPU, with Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials operating system and 25 Licenses, this all-in-one storage solution offers a combination of enterprise-grade functionality and pre-configured ease of setup, ideal for the South African SMB market.
“Businesses of all sizes are faced with an explosion of digital content, compounded data retention laws and regulations. However, the technology harnessed by enterprise to meet these challenges has been out of reach for the majority of SMBs, until now. The WD Sentinel DX4000 is an affordable, easy to set up, scalable storage solution that meets the needs of the SMB market,” says Anamika Budree, Western Digital Country Manager – South Africa. “This integrated hardware and software solution provides a simple way to centralise documents in one secure place, with enterprise grade backup and recovery that does not require additional license fees. It also offers remote access and administration from a web browser or mobile device, cloud enabled architecture, and local cloud disaster protection.”
The WD Sentinel DX4000 is available in 4TB, 6TB, 8TB and 12TB capacities, delivering centralised shared storage and automatic server-based backup and restore for up to 25 devices (PC and Mac) on the network. Built-in hardware and software redundancy for all connected devices delivers complete data protection.
Several key features have been designed with the SMB in mind:
• All-in-one storage solution – the Sentinel DX4000 is pre-configured for plug and play installation. This makes it easy to set up without the need for IT support.
• Pre-installed, ready to use – the Sentinel DX4000 comes pre-installed with the operating system and backup and recovery software. WD’s award-winning enterprise-class drives are configured in RAID levels 1 and 5 for ultimate data protection and speed.
• Remote web access – built-in secure remote access enables users to access business information anytime, anywhere without the expense of a VPN solution. Files can be access via a web browser on a PC or mobile device
• Server-based backup – enterprise class, server-based backup with de-duplication and the ability to conduct bare metal restore.
• All software included – the Sentinel DX4000 comes with 25 client licenses for Windows Storage Server 2008 R2, with no additional costs involved.
• Built-in DLNA media server – pre-configured with universal plug and play for media management, discovery and control.
• Feature rich – the Sentinel DX4000 includes a host of enhanced features, such as scheduled backups, de-duplication, data retention settings and more.
The Sentinel DX4000 also features Dual Gigabit Ethernet for redundant network connectivity, an optional dual power supply, USB 3.0, three year limited warranty and free tech support for 30 days. Support Services, with affordable plans including support for rapid parts replacement, dedicated telephone support, Tier 2 support and remote assistance, and extended warranties.
“The WD Sentinel small office storage server is the ideal storage, backup, and secure remote access solution for any SMB. The ability to have centralised storage that is both on-premise and offers secure remote access provides a small business owner and employees the flexibility needed for today’s mobile lifestyle. WD is providing small business owners with a hands-free solution that offers complete data protection and unparalleled peace-of-mind,” says Thomas Gallivan, vice president of marketing for WD’s SMB Solutions Group.
WD Sentinel is certified to be compatible with a variety of Operating Systems (OS) including Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7. In addition, WD Sentinel is compatible with Mac OS X Leopard and Snow Leopard for file sharing among Windows, Mac and Unix/Linux operating systems and allows businesses to share files with clients, consultants, and inter-office personnel regardless of the OS used.
Pricing and Availability
WD Sentinel DX4000 small office storage server is available from resellers for an estimated recommended retail price of R9 999.00 for the 4TB version and R16 999.00 for the 12TB version. All pricing is inclusive of V.A.T.