New International and Domestic Entertainment Options Complement WD TV Live and WD TV Live Hub’s ‘Play Anything’ Popularity
Western Digital, the world’s leader in external storage solutions and maker of the popular WD TV media player family, has introduced a variety of new entertainment options for the WD TV Live and WD TV Live Hub media players. Current and new customers can now enjoy Red Bull TV, ABC iView, Acetrax, Maxdome, Bild.DE and AOL HD. They can also watch live and recorded TV with the new SlingPlayer app and save their premium HD movies to the WD TV Live Hub’s internal storage with VUDU direct movie downloads.
WD’s new entertainment choices add to the WD TV media player family’s prodigious ability to play personal content such as videos, photos and music by supporting a wide range of media formats. Customers can watch content located on any networked PC or Mac computer in the home, from a network drive such as WD’s My Book Live personal cloud storage, and from any directly connected digital camcorder, camera, or USB drive. WD TV Live Hub customers can also save and share pictures and videos from outside the home, using the WD Photos app for iPhone, iPad and Android mobile devices.
“WD continuously listens to its customers, and adds the content options they want,” says Anamika Budree, Western Digital Country Manager – South Africa. “With the addition of hot international channels, live TV through SlingPlayer and direct HD movie downloads through VUDU, to our personal content playback options, the WD TV media players truly provide the most entertainment.”
The WD TV Live Hub is the only media player to offer direct HD movie download service for today’s hottest new movie releases purchased from VUDU’s large library of movies and TV shows. Because it has an integrated 1TB hard drive, the WD TV Live Hub can save and play back purchased digital content from VUDU, including the high-quality HDX video format that features 1080p Full HD and rich Dolby Digital Plus 7.1 audio. “By centralising their entertainment on the WD TV Live Hub, our customers get high-performance full-HD movie playback without overloading their home network or cluttering up the hard drives of other PCs in the house,” adds Budree. From “Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol” to “The Muppets,” WD brings today’s top movies to the WD TV Live Hub for a cinema-like experience at home.
The new SlingPlayer app creates a whole home entertainment solution by allowing customers to stream live or recorded TV from a network-connected Slingbox to any other TV in the house, simply by connecting a WD TV Live.
Additional New Services Now Available:
- AOL HD (worldwide) – AOL HD features high-definition technology, lifestyle, celebrity and entertainment content updated daily from properties across the AOL Huffington Post Media Group, including Engadget, TechCrunch, Moviefone and Huffington Post Celebrity.
- Red Bull TV (worldwide) – Red Bull TV delivers high-energy action sports, music and entertainment.
- ABC iView (Australia) – ABC iView is Australia’s most popular video on-demand and catch-up TV service and is run by the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC).
- Acetrax (UK, Ireland, Switzerland, Germany, France, Italy and Austria) – Available on the WD TV Live only, this service includes Europe’s largest library of major Hollywood movies and TV shows.
- Maxdome (Germany) – Available on the WD TV Live only, the popular German video-on-demand service Maxdome delivers over 45,000 major film and TV titles.
- Bild.DE (Germany) – This major German news service is now available on WD TV media players.
The WD TV Live and WD TV Live Hub can be purchased at select retailers and online at wdstore.com.