Samsung Electronics South Africa is excited to announce that South Africa’s largest cinema exhibitor, Ster-Kinekor, is now available as an Android app for free download, on Samsung GALAXY* smartphones and is exclusive to the Samsung App store for three months.
“This is another first for Samsung and is in line with our ongoing efforts to continue to provide local consumers with the most relevant apps and the best possible user experience on our GALAXY smartphone range,” says Craige Fleischer, Director of Mobile Communications at Samsung.
Rich features at your fingertips
– The new downloadable app for Android GALAXY smartphones features all the information currently available on the Ster-Kinekor website, and more. Experience the poster-rich, fan- centric Ster-Kinekor mobile app – with interactive seating booking, toggling between Ster-Kinekor and Nouveau cinemas. Created for movie fans by a team of movie fans who just love movies anytime, anywhere!
– Swipe through movie lists and find out what’s “Now Showing” and “Coming Soon”. Use the search function and browse movies by poster and filter movies by: Genre, Cinema or Date
– View high-quality trailers that play seamlessly within the app
– Read detailed movie information that includes synopses, parental ratings, run times and cast lists
– View accurate performance times, get the seats you want and purchase tickets seamlessly without leaving the app
– Create and sign into your Ster-Kinekor profile and have relevant movie news delivered to you.
Says Fiaz Mahomed, CEO of Ster-Kinekor Theatres: “The collaboration between Ster-Kinekor Theatres and Samsung provides an immediate range of movie news and information, available 24 hours for Android users. The development of this app brings the power of the movies right into the hands of cinema lovers. We understand that our market is increasingly interacting with online and mobile media, so it’s important to invest in these platforms and consistently find innovative new ways of delivering this to them and as such, our partnership with Samsung is evidence of just that.”
“This locally relevant app is another way in which we at Samsung are striving to deliver innovative and functional apps that suit our users’ lifestyle needs – in a seamless, easy to use format – for that ultimate GALAXY experience,” concludes Fleischer.
For more information on this application and/or to view the complete list of applications available, please visit http://www.samsungapps.com/