Consumers set to enjoy Smart Interaction, Smart Content, and Smart Evolution across new LED and Plasma series TVs
Samsung Electronics South Africa has strengthened its leadership in the South African television market with new models across LED and plasma technologies.
“The new range of SMART TVs display the ‘Future of TV, Now’, says Justin Shaw, Business Leader for Visual Display at Samsung Electronics South Africa. “This range provides consumers with the opportunity to explore and enjoy new functionality as these TV units include smart content: smart interaction and smart evolution. The TVs has received positive feedback globally at CES 2012 held in January this year and of course it was showcased at our annual Samsung Africa Forum in March 2012 with a favourable response.”
“This range demonstrates the ‘Future of TV, Now’ and it will provide our customers with the opportunity to explore and enjoy the smart content and interactivity that Samsung has to offer,” continues Shaw.
Smart LED and Plasma TVs Heralds New Era of Interaction, Content, and Design
The company’s newest LED and Plasma TV series will redefine the way consumers manage their home entertainment experience and interact with their Smart TVs.
- Smart Interaction — Intuitive platform based on Motion Control, Voice Control, and Face Recognition commands for the TV. Smart Interaction complements the remote while offering greater choice and convenience. Users can turn the TV on or off, activate selected apps, or search content on the Web browser by simply speaking in any of the more than 20 supported languages. And with a wave of their hand, they can browse and ‘click’ on a link via the Web browser.
- Smart Content — Explore 3D, through the Samsung Smart Hub provides access to over 100 3D titles, specifically designed and optimised for your Smart TV. It has never been easier to connect to your favourite digital content including games, educational titles and lifestyle apps like Facebook and Skype.
- Smart Evolution — Selected models will let users enjoy new experiences as their TV is ‘reborn’ each year with the latest smart technology by installing this kit. These kits will deliver enhanced hardware and software offerings on Samsung’s proprietary system-on-chip technology extending the ‘new’ TV experience for years to come.
Samsung Smart TVs now bring the family back to the living room. By embracing the current multi-screen world, certain models allow users to do more with their TV via exclusive Samsung services:
- Family Stories album lets users organise photos and enjoy slide shows on the big screen. Family members can also send memos and reminders to the TV anywhere they are loaded via a smartphone, tablet, or notebook.
- Fitness allows consumers to connect their Samsung TV to a Samsung smartphone via the Noom mobile fitness app. They can also connect to a Wi-Fi-enabled scale to manage weight and exercise goals, and use the built-in camera of the TV to create a virtual mirror that replicates exercise activities.
- Kids offers a wealth of infotainment and games in a kid-friendly interface that parents can control and monitor.
Other new features such as AllShare Play allow users to upload and share multimedia content with compatible devices such as smartphones, tablets, cameras, and computers. Thanks to a new dual-core processer, consumers can simultaneously run multiple applications within a Smart Hub and enjoy a tabbed browsing experience. The 2012 line-up of Smart LED and plasma TVs also support connectivity with select wireless keyboards and mice, making it more convenient than ever to access and navigate content.