Next-level performance, usability and control with RightFax 10.5
Thought fax was dead? Well, it got better.
In fact, RightFax 10.5, the enterprise fax and document distribution solution from Vox Telecom, is the industry’s best yet. The platform takes giant leaps forward in user experience, administrative control and sheer performance, says Craig Freer of Vox Amvia.
Fax at the speed of the Net
To begin with, the RightFax Internet Connector provides for an Internet connection between two RightFax fax servers that bypasses the cost of the telephony network to transmit encrypted faxes safely and securely at Internet speeds.
RightFax 10.5 also features new hierarchical image file storage, storing each fax in its own subfolder for faster searches and increased, more consistent server performance over time.
Common platform integration
A new Web Services API allows for the easy integration of custom applications through the use of XML and html – independent of vendor, platform, language and uses.
And a range of other connectors increase the power of RightFax through integration:
- A connector for OpenText eDocs 5.3 lets users send and receive more types of faxes.
- A SAP connector increases in- and out-bound fax functionality to SAP.
- A Microsoft SharePoint 2010 connector allows integration of faxes into SharePoint libraries.
- A broad range of connectors for HP OXPd multi-functional printers lets users have a more personalised, interactive experience with MFPs.
- A Lotus Notes 8.5.2 and 8.5.3 connector lets IT departments create a united email and fax solution.
Improved user experience
Mobile users can now access RightFax via Web client from either Windows or iOS platforms, and via multiple browsers, says Freer. The Web client has been re-designed for a modern, fresh look.
The user experience has further been greatly improved with functionality that removes imperfections from incoming images while maintaining a copy of the original fax, as well as de-skewing of incoming images, adjustment for proper reading orientation, and removal of scan artefacts and transmission noise, thus producing only the highest-quality fax images.
User productivity has finally been increased with refreshed, more intuitive Windows user and administrator interfaces.
Improved administrator tools within Enterprise Fax Manager make managing the fax environment easy:
- Effortless centralised management of cover sheets
- Easy setting of group filters for library documents and cover sheets
- Quick, hassle-free white list creation of approved-for-sending file types
- Dashboard assessment of the health and status of the RightFax environment
- Productivity improvements to the user interface, based on the frequent-use customisability of the fax tool bar.
Productivity and savings
“RightFax 10.5 includes a host of very tangible improvements in performance, usability and capability, providing superior business solutions and facilitating real-world deployments,” says Freer.
“It is the most comprehensive solution of its kind in the industry, and it integrates with virtually any industry application to maximise productivity and savings.”