New mobile app puts the very best of Lagos Fashion Week and more, in the hands of style-savvy BlackBerry ‘fashionistas’
Research in Motion (RIM), the company behind the BlackBerry® solution, has launched an exclusive mobile application that’s all about fashion for the fabulous in Nigeria. The Style House Files (SHF) application for BlackBerry smartphones, which is free to download on the BlackBerry App World™ storefront, is launching today ahead of Lagos Fashion and Design Week, where BlackBerry is the official technology partner.
Created by Lagos developer, Victor Dibia, in collaboration with BlackBerry and event organisers, The Style House Files, the app will bring the very best of Lagos Fashion Week to BlackBerry customers. Up-to-the-minute reports and imagery from the show are supported by schedules and venue guides, while online discussion forums mean fashionistas can express their thoughts on the latest collections.
Beyond Lagos Fashion Week, the app will be regularly updated with the latest in Nigerian news, styles, designers, shows and much more, to keep fashion-conscious BlackBerry customers in Nigeria up-to-date, everyday throughout the week-long event, while on the move.
The app includes exclusive features such as:
- Twice weekly style tips featuring a “How to Wear it” series
- Fashion news from around the world
- Look on Trends – What’s in? What’s out?
- Party/Events Section – Features information on dates, times, and locations of exclusive fashion events and parties taking place
- Runway Report – All the latest reports off the runway, browse runway photos, and view the best looks from each collection
- Interactive – A “Me and My BlackBerry” – users can submit messages about how they use their BlackBerry smartphone in creative ways every day
- Street Style – Interactive, photo-sharing option that allows users to send in photos of themselves with an opportunity for others to vote.
Waldi Wepener, Regional Director for Nigeria, said, “We are excited to launch another Nigerian-designed app for our Nigerian customers that will help them get more from their BlackBerry smartphones. This app is perfect for fashion-hungry BlackBerry customers that want to keep up with the latest trends throughout Fashion and Design Week in Nigeria.”
BlackBerry is the official technology partner of the Lagos Fashion and Design Week (LFDW) for the second year running, in conjunction with MTN Nigeria. The premiere fashion event takes place from the 24thto 27th October bringing together media, industry, buyers and consumers to view the current collections of innovative Nigerian designers in the fashion capital of Lagos, Nigeria.
For more information the new app and other interesting applications developed for Nigeria by Nigerians, please visit http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/