Extending the Lead in Powerful, Easy-to-Use and Affordable Backup For VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V
- Veeam Software, innovative provider of backup, replication and virtualisation management solutions for VMware vSphere and Windows Server Hyper-V, announces that Veeam Backup & Replication 6.5 will be available in Q4 2012. The new release includes new restore capabilities for Microsoft Exchange, and HP StoreVirtual VSA and LeftHand snapshots. Another significant addition is support for VMware vSphere 5.1 and Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V, making Veeam the first vendor to support both new hypervisor platforms.
- The new and powerful features further extend Veeam’s leadership position with its agentless solution specifically built for virtualisation which is powerful, easy-to-use and affordable. Key new features in Veeam Backup & Replication 6.5:
- Veeam Explorer for Exchange: VM admins will be able to look inside Exchange backups to find and retrieve individual Exchange items, without an agent. Free capabilities include:
- Browsing Exchange databases directly from a compressed backup file and having the mailbox database searchable in less than two minutes.
- Searching for specific items across multiple Exchange mailbox databases and object types with advanced search capabilities.
- Exporting items to a PST file, to MSG files or sending them as an attachment.
- Veeam Explorer for SAN Snapshots: The new capability enables admins to quickly restore any or all of a VM directly from SAN snapshots, which can be taken throughout the day with very little impact on production systems. This enables short recovery point objectives (RPOs) for the most common recovery scenarios: users accidentally deleting data, scripts accidentally corrupting data and system updates gone wrong.
- Advanced Monitoring and Reporting: This new functionality integrates monitoring, reporting and capacity planning for Veeam Backup & Replication in a single console using the new Veeam ONE 6.5 which is part of Veeam Management Suite 6.5.
Ian Hasell, Associate Director at Qdos Computer Consultants Ltd. United Kingdom
“I was so impressed by how simple it was to install Veeam Backup & Replication. Within minutes of downloading the software, my critical VMs were being backed up. The interface is solid. Highly recommended.”
Arnaud Quenum, Consultant at Avnet Technology Solutions in Paris
“The new features are very powerful in Veeam Backup & Replication 6.5. You have set the bar high. Veeam Explorer for Exchange is already a huge buzz for our partners. This feature will be a hit. ”
Jason Buffington, Senior Data Protection Analyst,Enterprise Strategy Group
“As an established innovator in virtualisation protection, it is not a surprise to see Veeam on the leading edge of both the VMware and Hyper-V platforms, now with support for 5.1 and 2012, respectively. Moreover, Veeam understands that the real focus is on one’s agility to restore, instead of just the ability to back up, so their new Exchange and SAN snapshot recovery capabilities are just more goodness in the overall solution.”
Ratmir Timashev, President and CEO, Veeam Software
“The new Veeam Backup & Replication 6.5 extends Veeam’s leadership in the virtualisation data protection market. Veeam’s agentless backup and replication solution specifically built for virtualisation was once considered niche, but now is the mainstream as virtualisation itself. According to Gartner as of mid-2012, more than 50% of x86 architecture workloads have been virtualised on servers and this number will grow to 75% by 20141. Organisations now run their most critical applications and services on VMs, making guaranteed quick recovery essential to ensure business continuity.”
Availability & Pricing:
Veeam Backup & Replication 6.5 and Veeam Management Suite 6.5 are being demoed this week at VMworld 2012 Europe in Barcelona in Veeam booth G211. General availability is scheduled for Q4 2012. European pricing (MSRP) starts at 580€ for Standard Edition and 910€ for Enterprise Edition.
For more information on the 6.5 release, attend a free webinar on Wednesday, October 24 at 1p.m. GMT and 1 p.m. ET. Register today: http://go.veeam.com/webinar-backup-10242012-vanover-what-new-in-backup-and-recovery-for-vmware-hyper-v.html.
Sign up today to be the first to know when Veeam Backup & Replication 6.5 is available: http://go.veeam.com/new-veeam-backup-replication-6-5-more-ways-to-wow.html.
Attendees at VMworld 2012 Europe in Barcelona can also visit the Veeam booth (G211) for a free USB drive for use with Veeam Backup Free Edition and VeeamZIP.