Kathea, a distributor of video communications solutions, has announced the unveiling of an expanded portfolio of next-generation Polycom video collaboration endpoints. Solutions include systems for rooms of all sizes, a sleek and powerful executive desktop system and enhanced software for PCs, laptops, tablets and smartphones, all featuring the new Polycom UX (user experience).
The new portfolio also supports the industry’s first implementation of open standards-based Scalable Video Coding (SVC) technology, which delivers 3X HD multipoint capacity for greater scalability and dramatically lower TCO, higher quality video performance across devices, and breakthrough interoperability for backwards- and forwards- compatibility, protecting customers’ video investments and eliminating the need for expensive gateways or hardware required by competitive proprietary SVC products.
“Polycom UX delivers the industry’s best video collaboration experience with more than 20 new user innovations and features, including a completely redesigned user interface and the industry’s most lifelike HD image quality (up to 1080p60 resolution). Other features include patent-pending Polycom SmartPairing technology, and innovative only-from-Polycom video, content sharing, and audio features. Polycom UX is designed to drive a superior experience and ease of use for users to increase adoption, while minimizing IT management and support, keeping IT costs down and usage up for better total cost of ownership (TCO),” says Divesh Nathoo, pre-sales manager at Kathea.
Features of Polycom UX include:
- Simple and intuitive new user interface.
- Best-in-class video performance and audio quality.
- Patent-pending Polycom SmartPairing technology, built into RealPresence Mobile 2.0, wirelessly connects Apple iPads to Group Series, enhanced HDX series, and RealPresence VisualEdge products, letting users control video meetings with their tablets and transfer a live video call from their tablet to a big screen with the swipe of a finger.
The next-generation portfolio gives organisations the flexibility to choose video collaboration solutions that work best for a wide variety of work environments and employee business needs. Augmenting Polycom’s current video solutions, the next-generation portfolio includes:
- Polycom RealPresence Group Series (300, 500 and 700) – next-generation HD video collaboration systems for both rooms and budgets of all sizes, which can be used with patent-pending SmartPairing technology built into RealPresence Mobile 2.0.
- Polycom RealPresence VisualEdge – delivers ultra-slim (less than an inch thick) and sleek design along with powerful executive desktop video collaboration experiences, with the highest video resolution (up to 1080p60) and the largest screen (27”) in its category, which can also serve as a PC display.
- Updated Polycom RealPresence Desktop 2.0 software for PCs and laptops (Windows and Mac OS X) and Polycom RealPresence Mobile 2.0 for tablets and smartphones (iOS and Android devices) – extends video beyond conference rooms, enabling organisations to deliver video collaboration to more users in more environments.
Polycom also announced enhancements for the Polycom HDX Series 3.1, including upgrades for the Polycom RealPresence Whiteboard, the industry’s first embedded virtual whiteboard software in a video-conferencing unit with no external PC required. Users can annotate on the same digital screen, and support for standard touchscreens allows for dual-screen set-up and annotation with fingertips (similar to iPad), so no extra accessories are required. Support for mouse control makes uploading and sharing content as easy as clicking a button from a PC/Mac, or by plugging a USB drive directly into the HDX, no PC required. HDX Series 3.1 also continues to offer high quality HD video and crystal-clear audio.
“Polycom’s announcements build on its industry leadership in video collaboration innovation. Forrester Research, Inc., recently named Polycom a leader in room-based video conferencing and a top-ranked company in both “current offerings” and “strategy” in its August 2012 report, “The Forrester Wave: Room-Based Videoconferencing, Q3 2012.” In the report, Polycom received the highest scores possible in the categories of quality of experience, interoperability, product road map, partners, and security and compliance,” xxx adds.
Availability of the various products depends on product and region. All products mentioned will be available by mid-2013. For more information on individual availability please visit www.polycom.co.uk or contact Kathea.