Expanded portfolio accelerates adoption, monetisation of information
HP today announced an expanded big data portfolio designed to enable organisations to gain better insight into their data and deliver real-time outcomes.
According to research commissioned on behalf of HP,(1) nearly 60 percent of companies surveyed will spend at least 10 percent of their innovation budget on big data this year. The study also found, however, that more than one in three organisations have failed with a big data initiative. HP’s enhanced portfolio delivers the necessary services and solutions to facilitate the successful implementation of these initiatives, and to enable enterprises to handle the growing volume, variety, velocity and vulnerability of data that can cause these initiatives to fail.
To help organisations reap the rewards of big data, HP announced HAVEn, a big data analytics platform, which leverages HP’s analytics software, hardware and services to create the next generation of big data-ready analytics applications and solutions.
“Big data enables organisations to take advantage of the totality of their information—both internal and external—in real time. It produces extremely fast decision making, resulting in unique and innovative ways to serve customers and society,” said Mary Brady, CMS Principal Consultant, HP South Africa. “HP has the breadth and depth of both the platform and the product portfolio to assist enterprises in unleashing the power of big data.”
HP provides unifying big data analytics platform
HAVEn combines proven technologies from HP Autonomy, HP Vertica, HP ArcSight and HP Operations Management, as well as key industry initiatives such as Hadoop, enabling clients and partners to:
- Avoid vendor lock-in with an open architecture that supports a broad range of analytics tools.
- Protect investments with support for multiple virtualization technologies.
- Speed time to value with highly optimised hardware solutions.
- Gain value from 100 percent of information, including structured, semistructured and unstructured data, via HP’s portfolio of more than 700 connectors into HAVEn.
HP also is expanding its big data portfolio with new capabilities that help clients build and operate their big data solutions.
HP helps clients unlock hidden data to gain actionable insight
The first integrated big data analytics solution built on HAVEn is HP Operations Analytics, which delivers insight into all aspects of IT operations, so organisations can ensure quality service levels. The solution allows organisations to efficiently consume, manage and analyse massive streams of IT operational data from a variety of HP products, including HP ArcSight Logger and the HP Business Service Management portfolio, as well as third-party sources.
To help clients improve customer engagement and speed response to market opportunities, HP Enterprise Services has introduced HP Actionable Analytics Services. These solutions enable clients to implement analytics and extract insight hidden within big data, as well as streamline key organisational processes, such as customer offers, procurement, supply chain and inventory operations.
HP helps clients start their journey to big data
To help organisations avoid setbacks and successfully deploy big data solutions, HP Technology Services has expanded its Big Data Consulting Practice to ensure optimal IT infrastructure performance as well as support for increasing big data demands. New offerings include IT Strategy and Architecture, System Infrastructure, and Protection services that enable clients to align their IT infrastructure to organizational goals, while achieving compliance with industry standards and government regulations.
HP also announced two additional products to help on the journey:
- The HP Vertica Community Edition—free, downloadable software that delivers the same functionality of the HP Vertica Analytics Platform Enterprise Edition with no commitments or time limits, allowing clients to analyze up to 1 terabyte of data before investing in an enterprisewide solution.
- The HP Autonomy Legacy Data Cleanup—information governance solution that helps clients analyse legacy data, lower costs and reduce risks while driving value from big data. With this solution, organisations can access, understand and classify, as well as defensibly dispose of outdated and unnecessary legacy information, while retaining data deemed valuable for production applications