Bytes Document Solutions, the authorised Xerox distributor in 26 countries in sub-Saharan Africa, will unveil several exciting new Xerox products at Africa Print, the commercial and digital print exhibition sponsored by Xerox, which will take place from 21 to 23 August, 2013 at the Sandton Convention Centre in Johannesburg.
For the first time in South Africa, visitors will be able to view the new wide format IJP 2000, which has already caused a stir at recent print shows in Dubai and London, where feedback was very positive. Aimed at meeting the growing demand for large indoor posters, signs, point-of-purchase graphics and banners, the IJP 2000 gives printers the extra speed needed to produce more jobs faster.
“The retail value of wide format printing is increasing exponentially,” says Paul Haglich, marketing manager for production systems at Bytes Document Solutions. “The increased speed of the IJP 2000 means printers can accept and produce more wide format jobs, even last minute requests. For example, it can print an A0 page in full colour with a resolution of 1600x1600dpi in just seven seconds. It will give our customers a huge competitive advantage. Part of the challenge of wide format jobs is they can create a significant speed bump in the work process – and profitability. That’s why Xerox designed an uninterrupted operation right into the printer.”
Worldwide, the IJP 2000 is the highest productive indoor printer in the market and if a customer produces around 3 000m² per month the total cost of ownership is the lowest compared to competitive indoor inkjet printers.
Key features of the IJP 2000 single pass device include:
- Faster print speeds: complete jobs more than 40 times faster than comparable wide format systems; high-quality, colour signs can be printed in five seconds, 30 foot banners in one minute and production runs of 200 prints in about 20 minutes.
- Stationary print heads: allow the paper to move under five print heads in one single pass; fewer moving parts mean better speed and less maintenance.
- High vibrancy with instantly dry ink: produce a variety of full-colour products – from tradeshow banners and presentation graphics to life-size photos and promotional displays – with crisp, precise imagery.
- Expansive speciality media range: allow printers to offer customers more choices in wide format applications, with media such as banner fabric, photo gloss, satin and backlit/stoplight films.
- Wide format workflow software: the Caldera GrandRIP+ keeps the device running at full-rated speed while processing jobs. The software is easy to use, even for new operators, and includes spot colour matching for a uniform look across different jobs and media.
- Optional personalised software: produce personalised materials quickly and efficiently with Xerox FreeFlow VI Design Express software. This Adobe InDesign plug-in simplifies the design and creation of variable signs; includes templates and step-by-step instructions.
Also on show will be the new Xerox J75 digital colour press, which combines duplex printing, copying and scanning and is capable of printing and copying at 2 400dpi on a range of coated and uncoated stocks from 64 to 300gsm at speeds of up to 76 pages per minute (A4). Both devices are laser printers, using Xerox EA Dry Ink.
The J75 is aimed at in-plants, design agencies and existing or emerging digital print businesses while also an ideal solution for commercial print shops and digital printing businesses producing high-volume, high-value applications.
“With these press, Xerox has improved on the hugely successful Xerox 770 platform, introducing a number of new technologies to complement the existing rich set of features,” says Haglich. “The new features are all designed to make the machines as productive and reliable as possible, as well as making colour management and profiling simple and effective.”
The J75 Colour Press features:
- Production Speed: The J75 Colour Press runs all weight stocks at rated speed of 76 ipm – a unique productivity advantage in this class of digital press.
- Xerox’s unique Automatic Colour Quality Suite (ACQS) for automated consistent, accurate and repeatable colour reproduction. Reduces time consuming colour management tasks and colour profiling routines
- Load-while-run capability to ensure an uninterrupted supply of paper for maximum productivity
- Xerox’s Advanced Registration Technology for tighter paper registration control – ensures reliable and accurate registration automatically.
- Custom paper registration profiles to reduce set-up times and minimise waste
- Simplified Image Quality Adjustment (SIQA) Toolset to boost productivity & reduce set-up time
- Xerox® EA low melt Dry Ink ensures consistent and superior offset-like print quality
- SMart Kit® replaceable units for Dry Inks, drums, fuser, waste bottle, staples to maximise up-times and make more profit
- Active de-curling for producing lay-flat heavyweight media ensures trouble-free finishing and eliminates waste
All in all, the J75 is the ultimate mid-production colour press to meet the requirements of the most discerning printer.