- Collaboration underpins strategy to capitalize on market shift to public cloud infrastructures
- Investments in the CommVault Cloud Solutions Group reduce the time, costs, and risks of deploying new cloud solutions
- API integrations allow providers to utilize Web-based self-service portals, workflow automation, efficient data movement, and rapid protection of virtual workloads
CommVault has announced that the Simpana 10 software platform has become the data protection platform of choice for more than 200 certified service providers, which provides cloud solutions to millions of client systems worldwide and protects hundreds of petabytes of data.
The company also unveiled a three-pronged cloud business strategy that builds on its leadership in software innovation and, through strategic relationships with service provider partners, delivers solutions to simplify and secure the transition of these service providers and their customers to cloud computing. To achieve this, CommVault utilises its single software platform to power the most efficient cloud infrastructures, and is expanding market reach through a broad cloud ecosystem and further investing in its cloud solutions group. This vision is underpinned by CommVault’s early investments in cloud technologies in anticipation of the paradigm shift now taking place in IT consumption and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
“The dynamics of our industry are shifting at light speed as organisations accelerate usage of cloud services. CommVault provides our customers and partners with the capabilities needed for protection of data to the cloud, in the cloud and cloud-to-cloud,” says N. Robert Hammer, chairman, president and CEO, CommVault. “Simpana software provides customers with a unique single platform view into data across the heterogeneous enterprise. The scalability, security, automation and reporting features in Simpana 10 are second to none for powering the most efficient cloud infrastructures.”
To deliver flexibility, scalability and operational efficiency for both partners and end user clients, CommVault has designed Simpana software to be one of the most open cloud data management platform available in the market today. CommVault’s technology is integrated across a comprehensive range of storage technologies, cloud infrastructure platforms, Operating Systems (OS), hypervisors and enterprise applications – providing consistent management and reporting tools, and an enterprise-wide view into data, across heterogeneous environments through a single platform.
Enables Data Management-as-a-Service for Provider Partners and Customers
As companies of all sizes and markets rapidly adopt cloud infrastructures for improved costs, speed and agility, CommVault is committed to its partner community to address this growing trend. Customers looking to move IT operations into the cloud depend on service providers to help them migrate, manage and protect their cloud infrastructures. CommVault has partnered with a broad ecosystem of service provider partners so they can effectively deliver data management-as-a-service solutions based on Simpana software across geographies, vertical industries and offerings. The company’s strategy accelerates adoption of cloud computing by:
- Powering the most efficient cloud infrastructures – Through a single software platform approach, CommVault partners are able to run the same workloads using 50 percent less infrastructure than a leading alternative, greatly improve staff productivity, and accelerate time-to-revenue for new offerings. CommVault allows service provider partners to support a full portfolio of cloud data services – across backup, archive, disaster recovery, and search – with a single software platform and leveraging shared infrastructure. Through API integrations, service providers can uniquely provide fully web-based self-service portals, workflow automation, efficient data movement, and rapid protection of virtual workloads for superior client experiences.
- Expanding market reach through broad cloud ecosystem – Leading providers who have integrated Simpana software into their cloud solution portfolios include Microsoft Windows Azure, Amazon S3 and Glacier, NetApp, Rackspace. CommVault’s cloud capabilities stretch from private to public and hybrid cloud infrastructures, from data centres to devices at the edge, supporting the most prolific set of choices for our customers and providers.
- Investing in cloud solutions group – CommVault extends its partner competencies, through cloud domain expertise and collaborative engagement models that significantly reduce the time, costs, and risks of standing up new cloud solutions. For organisations strapped for in-house expertise, resourcing, or budgets to do it all themselves, CommVault can help service provider partners increase the success of defining, developing, and delivering new cloud-based solutions.