Market leader in business collaboration delivers enhancements that enable mobile and distributed teams to connect through a “better than being there” experience
Cisco today announced a new video and collaboration solution designed to put high-quality video at the fingertips of everyone in the organisation—in organisations of all sizes. The systems will allow people to effectively share video and content in rooms of any size depending on their needs as well as the setup of the room. These fully integrated systems combine a sleek, award-winning design with a simple and intuitive user experience.
Great experiences for every conference room:
- In its second generation, the Cisco TelePresence® MX200 is optimal for smaller rooms, is value-priced to scale, is incredibly easy to install, and offers premium HD resolution out of the box.
- The Cisco TelePresence MX700 and Cisco TelePresence MX800 represent the performance line and are ideal for medium- to large-sized rooms. These integrated systems come equipped with premium HD resolution and support H.265, which will give users incredible quality at half the regularly-needed bandwidth.
No compromises between price and performance
- Costing less than the price of a PC, The Cisco TelePresence SX10 Quick Set builds upon elements many companies already have in smaller meeting spaces—flat panel displays—to create incredible video meeting spaces. Sure to be popular with SMBs, this system turns any standard flat panel display into an HD video collaboration system in 10 minutes or less. By making such a high-quality experience available at such an attractive price point, Cisco aims to make video the de facto collaboration tool for every conference room.
Everyone now has a front-row seat
- As anyone who has endured a video call via webcam will tell you, a video session is only as good as the camera technology behind it. Cisco announces two new offerings in this category, both of which work with many of the solutions announced today. The Precision 60 offers the industry’s best image quality (1080p60), is highly adaptable to varying light conditions, and has a large zoom range, ensuring that the entire view is captured. The SpeakerTrack 60 gives everyone the best seat at the table; based on the Precision 60, it is a unique dual camera system that intelligently finds the active speaker in larger meeting rooms and quickly zooms in to show his or her image.
For unique rooms and use cases – the integrator’s dream
- Not every room is built alike and not every customer has the same needs. The Cisco TelePresence SX80 is an ideal solution for integrators looking to equip large, unique spaces with video.
Technology makes it easier to connect and collaborate with colleagues, partners, and customers from any location—whether that’s the work office, the home office, a hotel room, or a coffee shop. Reliable, high-quality, interoperable video—as opposed to video that’s webcam-based, unreliable or incapable of scaling—plays a significant role in the collaboration mix.
But there isn’t enough of this technology: industry statistics show that more than 93 percent of meeting rooms globally aren’t equipped with high-quality video. So, many times we have to do without. In this era of the Internet of Everything (IoE), Cisco believes video needs to be available everywhere: from the browser to the boardroom to all the spaces in between, including the other 93 percent of meeting rooms.
Products announced today will be launched in South Africa between June and August, starting with the Cisco TelePresence SX10 Quick Set. The remainder of the products will be launched thereafter.
Conrad Steyn, Collaboration Product Sales Specialist, Cisco South Africa
“Previous attempts to deliver collaboration have been incremental and good. But the cold, hard truth is that today’s collaboration tools are forcing users to do today’s jobs with yesterday’s technology. It is time for a change. The industry is ready for a great leap forward, and Cisco is making that leap. These new products represent the first phase of a multi-phase rollout in how Cisco is reimagining collaboration and setting the foundation for a revolution in the industry; stay tuned for more.”