Veeam Software, innovative provider of solutions that deliver Availability for the Modern Data Centre, has won its 100,000th customer and posted record revenue results for the first quarter of 2014.
Veeam closed Q1’14 with 48% year-over-year growth of new license bookings. In addition, total bookings revenue growth for Q1 2014 was 56% for the same period, marking Veeam’s 25th consecutive quarter in which quarterly total bookings revenue has grown by more than 50% over the same period during the previous year.
“Veeam continues to bridge the gap between the requirements of the Always-On Business and IT’s ability to effectively deliver business continuity and IT resilience to the majority of businesses,” said Ratmir Timashev, CEO of Veeam. “Businesses are facing challenges such as data loss, long recovery times, unreliable data protection and a lack of visibility into their IT environments. Advanced data protection from Veeam, combined with virtualisation, the cloud and other enabling technologies, completes the modern data centre and ensures that the critical applications of our more than 100,000 customers remain always on from any place, at any time, on any device. Our recent partnership with NetApp as a part of Veeam Backup & Replication v8 is a testament to our ongoing mission to enable the Always-On Business by providing advanced data protection to the modern data centre.”
Additional highlights of Q1’14 include:
- Customer Growth: More than 9,400 new customers were added in Q1, surpassing the milestone of 100,000 paid Veeam customers. Veeam continues to acquire new customers at a rate of 3,000 each month. This customer momentum has also led to Veeam’s first flagship event, Veeam ON: The World’s Premier Data Centre Availability Event, taking place 6-9 October 2014 at the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas, NV. Veeam will bring together industry-leading experts and Veeam customers to learn how to enable the Always-On Business.
- Veeam Cloud Provider (VCP) Program: To better serve the growing number of managed service providers (MSPs) who use Veeam Backup & Replication, Veeam joined the Kaseya Technology Alliance Program and developed an add-on for Kaseya Virtual System Administrator (VSA). “We are thrilled to have Veeam join the Kaseya ecosystem. The Veeam add-on dramatically simplifies management of joint customers’ virtualised environments by exposing Veeam data within the Kaseya management console,” said Don LeClair, EVP, Product Management at Kaseya. “Simplified, centralised management of cloud, on-premise, virtualised and distributed environments is Kaseya’s focus, and this integration with the virtualised backup market leader adds great strength to our offering.”
Veeam also added two new VCP rental aggregators in Q1: Insight (U.S.A.) and ECS (China).
- New Partner Margins and Growth: As a 100 percent channel-based organisation, Veeam increased incentives and support to its worldwide partner base of 25,000 ProPartners. Veeam also launched its Veeam Certified Engineer (VMCE) certification, enabling partners to build professional services and solutions around Veeam within their own virtualisation practices.
- State, Local and Higher Education (SLED) team: In response to Veeam’s continued growth of the SLED market, a team devoted specifically to this segment in North America has been created. This dedicated team understands the specific needs, demands and potential of this vertical. Veeam’s newly created SLED team will work closely with the public sector to ensure the challenges they face in maintaining an Always-On Business are supported and delivered.
Veeam received a number of prestigious industry honors during Q1’14, including the following:
- InfoWorld 2014 Products of the Year: Veeam Backup & Replication v7 was named a winner among the best hardware, software, development tools and cloud services of the year.
- 2014 Virtualization Review Readers’ Choice Awards and Ultimate Buyers’ Guide: Veeam was named a finalist in two categories: Veeam Management Pack™ in the Virtualization Management and Optimization category and Veeam Backup & Replication in the Business Continuity category.
- CIO 50 Award: Veeam customer ARGAS, which is based in Saudi Arabia, won as a high-performer IT organisation.
- Channel Partner: Veeam’s ProPartner Program was recently awarded the top spot in a comprehensive comparative study of backup vendor channel programs conducted by Insalcon, a sales consulting firm, in partnership with Channel Partner, a German publication.
- Storage Magazine Products of the Year: Veeam Backup & Replication v7 was named 2013 Product of the Year in the Backup and Disaster Recovery Software and Services category.
- CRN Data Center 100: Veeam has been recognised in the CRN Data Center 100 annual list, featuring technology vendors whose solutions are vital for powering today’s data centre.
- CRN 2014 Partner Program Guide: Veeam has been awarded a 5-Star rating in the CRN 2014 Partner Program Guide. The annual directory offers the information solution providers need to evaluate IT vendors they work with or are considering working with.