New Brand Names and Focus on Platform Further Position Riverbed as the Leader in Application Performance Infrastructure, an $11 Billion Market Opportunity
Riverbed Technology, the leader in application performance infrastructure, today introduced new product names that better describe what each product does and reflect how together they deliver unique strategic value as part of an integrated solution, the Riverbed® Application Performance Platform™. The consistent naming framework reinforces how Riverbed solutions work together to deliver optimal application and data performance across global infrastructures.
The product renaming is the next step in Riverbed’s evolution and expansion into a multi-product company that offers an integrated application performance platform, a growth strategy that has been in the works for several years and unveiled by Riverbed in November 2013. Riverbed’s strategy is aimed at fuelling its growth in the application performance infrastructure, an $11 billion market opportunity growing at about a 5% compounded annual growth rate (CAGR).
“Riverbed launched our first product 10 years ago with our Steelhead WAN Optimization solution, and over the last four years, we’ve made the journey from a single product company to something much bigger. Today, we offer the industry’s most complete application performance platform to allow customers to host applications and data in whatever location makes the most business sense, regardless of distance or location, while ensuring the flawless delivery of applications and data. We call this concept location-independent computing and it has been the idea behind the solutions we’ve brought to market for years,” said Kate Hutchison, CMO, Riverbed. “We’re now updating our product brand names to better communicate what our products do and reinforce how they are part of an integrated platform that ensures applications perform as expected and data is always available when needed.”
The Riverbed Application Performance Platform, which includes five product families as well as open APIs, developer tools and professional services, is the only complete solution in the market that optimises application and data delivery and provides the visibility to detect and fix performance issues before end users notice a problem. With this Platform, companies can host applications and data in the locations that best serve the business – in data centres, in branch offices, in the cloud or any combination thereof – while ensuring flawless application delivery, better leveraging global resources, radically reducing the cost of running their business and maximizing employee productivity.
The new product family names build off Riverbed’s flagship product, Steelhead. Each begins with a word that signifies the strength of infrastructure and celebrates Riverbed’s heritage, Steel:
- Riverbed® SteelHead™(formerly Steelhead) – the #1 WAN optimisation solution that delivers applications and data at the fastest speeds across the optimal networks for the lowest cost.
- Riverbed® SteelFusion™(formerly Granite) – the only branch converged infrastructure that delivers local performance, data centralisation, instant recovery and lower TCO.
- Riverbed® SteelApp™(formerly Stingray)– the #1 virtual application delivery controller(ADC) for scalable, secure and elastic delivery of enterprise, cloud and e-commerce applications.
- Riverbed® SteelStore™(formerly Whitewater) – the industry’s most scalable cloud storage appliance that reduces data protection costs by up to 80%, integrates seamlessly into existing backup infrastructure and eliminates tape backup.
- Riverbed® SteelCentral™(formerly OPNET, Cascade and NEOP) – the only performance management suite that combines user experience, application and network performance management to provide the visibility needed to diagnose and cure issues before end users notice a problem, call the help desk to complain or jump to another web site out of frustration.
- Riverbed® SteelScript™(formerly FlyScript) – open APIs and developer tools to customise and automate application performance infrastructure from Riverbed.
These products all come together in the Riverbed Application Performance Platform™, as shown in the diagram below.