For the price of less than a loaf of bread or the small change in your pocket, you can make a huge difference. By donating your R10 for a sticker, you are making your contribution to improving the lives of persons with disabilities.
Casual Day provides the country with the opportunity to show their solidarity with persons with disabilities, at the same time enjoying teambuilding and camaraderie with their fellow participants. It gives South Africans the opportunity to be creative and have fun while contributing to the betterment of society. It is community spirit in action.
Casual Day celebrates its 20th birthday this year. The theme for 2014 is ‘Bring out the Bling’ and the colour for the year is Dazzle Blue. Put on your dancing shoes and dress up, not down, for this year’s Casual Day. Casual Day is on Friday 5 September.
“The theme is appropriately celebratory,” says Project Leader Celeste Vinassa. “We have been dressing casually for the past two decades, but this year is a special occasion. So our message to you is to rustle up a little razzle dazzle, and dress up in the official colour of the year, dazzle blue. Casual Day is all about fantasy and dressing up in things you can find around the house. Be creative with glitter, fabric, shiny paper or just wear your sticker and a posh casual attitude!
Casual Day is South Africa’s most successful fundraising project for persons with disabilities – and the amount raised for last year has climbed to R24.8 million. Sponsored by The Edcon Group, Casual Day is the flagship project of the National Council for Persons with Physical Disabilities in South Africa (NCPPDSA), which this year celebrates 75 years of service to the community of persons with disabilities.
Your donation goes to the following organisations:
- National Council for Persons with Physical Disabilities in SA
- South African National Council for the Blind
- South African Federation for Mental Health
- Deaf Federation of South Africa
- Autism South Africa
- Down Syndrome South Africa
- National Association for Persons with Cerebral Palsy
- South African National Deaf Association
- National Institute for the Deaf
- Alzheimer’s South Africa
- South African Disability Alliance
- QuadPara Association of South Africa
Stickers are available from:
- Edgars, Jet, JetMart, Boardmans, CNA, Red Square and Legit;
- Absa outlets;
- Game and DionWired stores;
- Shoprite and Checkers stores.
Or you can donate online. You can contact the organisers of the project on 011 609 7006 or visit our website at www.casualday.co.za
Keep abreast of activities at Casual Day on our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/CasualDaySA