- Dell was the No. 1 storage supplier in the first half of 2014
- Dell maintained its No. 2 share position in the global x86 server market
- Dell Software registered double-digit revenue growth year-over-year
- Dell grew PC shipments by nearly 10 percent year over year in Q3
- Dell is ranked by Gartner No. 1 in Worldwide IT Services for Healthcare Providers
- Dell delivers year-over-year growth across every region globally
As a private company, Dell has accelerated investments in research and development, the channel, the customer experience, and sales to deliver industry-leading growth and innovation. With the ability to pursue a long-term strategy with 100 percent customer focus, Dell increasingly stands alone as an integrated provider of the end-to-end solutions that matter most to customers.
“Today, Dell is the world’s fastest growing integrated IT company in the world. Our strategy is resonating with customers worldwide as they look for a stable, reliable end-to-end solutions provider to meet their business and IT needs,” said Michael Dell, chairman and CEO. “From the endpoint to the data centre to the cloud, customers and partners value the certainty, ease and predictability of working with Dell.”
Dell Outpaces Competitors with End-to-End Solutions Growth
• Dell was the No. 1 storage supplier in the first half of 2014 based on total terabytes sold for internal and external storage, according to IDC data.
• Dell maintained its No. 2 share position in the global x86 server market and regained the No. 1 share position in APJ, according to IDC data. Also, for the second straight quarter, Dell was the only major vendor to generate year-over-year growth in both rack and blade servers according to IDC data.
• Dell Software registered double-digit revenue growth as the company continues to build out its global software business, with strength in security and information-management areas, including data analytics and enterprise application integration. Since the addition of software to the Dell PartnerDirect programme a year ago, Dell Software’s channel-related revenue also experienced double-digit growth.
• Dell’s momentum in its client solutions (PC) business continued during the third calendar quarter of 2014 as it registered its seventh consecutive quarter of year-over-year (YoY) gains in global share and grew more in the third quarter than its top two U.S. competitors combined, based on preliminary data recently released by industry analyst firm International Data Corporation (IDC). Based on this data, worldwide Dell grew its PC shipments during the quarter by nearly 10 percent YoY.
• Dell is ranked No. 1 by Gartner in Worldwide IT Services for Healthcare Providers, based on 2013 revenue.
• With reported significant expansion in market share, Dell Services qualified as a Major Contender in the Everest Group Banking IT Outsourcing PEAK Matrix report, continuing to ramp up financial services capabilities, invest in innovative technologies, form alliances, and acquire strategic targets to address the growing and complex technology needs of banks and financial institutions.
Dell Expands Global Footprint of Solution Centres for Enterprise Customers
• Dell announced today its expansion plans to open a new solution centre in downtown Chicago, Illinois, in early calendar year 2015. With new centres in Dubai, UAE and Sao Paulo, Brazil already opened earlier in the year, the new Chicago investment will give the company a total of 15 centres worldwide for enterprise customers and partners to easily test and evaluate broader end-to-end solutions and services.
• Since opening its first centre in Limerick, Ireland, in 2011, Dell has completed nearly 20,000 enterprise customer and partner engagements, influencing more than $4B in commercial sales. Each centre’s pace of business worldwide is accelerating; in the past 18 months alone, Dell’s solution centres have hosted more than 11,000 customer and partner engagements.
• Customers using Dell’s solution centres range from large enterprise and public sector organisations, to small and midmarket companies as well as Dell’s channel partners.
• The centres play a critical role in enabling customers and partners to explore, develop and test the solutions and technologies that best meet their unique IT requirements, helping them to drive improved business outcomes and competitive advantage.
• A key capability that sets Dell apart is its dedicated network, which allows any centre in the world to connect with the others, giving customers and partners the true power of a global network to test their applications worldwide by leveraging Dell’s networked infrastructure.
Dell Pushes Disruptive Innovation to Record-Breaking Performance Heights with Dell Research
• Dell Research has developed a proof-of-concept solution called High Velocity Cloud that can, according to Dell’s analysis, support all the mobile device traffic in a medium-size city, such as Austin, with only one quarter of a rack of Dell server and networking equipment.
• The High Velocity Cloud optimises standard servers for high-performance packet processing, and enables a 20x improvement in the capability of virtualized standard servers to handle network-intensive functions.
• With partners, Dell Research recently set a performance record by demonstrating that, with High Velocity Cloud, a virtualized standard Dell R920 server with standard network adapters and no special hardware can be the infrastructure for a system capable of supporting 214 Gb/s of bandwidth while still leaving 90 percent of the server CPU free for running network intensive workloads.
• The magnitude of disruption and innovation High Velocity Cloud can bring is exponential. For example, a service that once might have taken six months to roll out could now be rolled out in minutes. This opens tremendous opportunities and will push organisations to completely rethink business models, resource allocations and product lines.
Dell Helps Customers Acquire Technologies to Drive Business Value with Dell Financial Services
• Dell Financial Services (DFS) expanded to Latin America in Oct. 2014, launching DFS México to serve commercial customers and channel partners in México. With the expansion, DFS now provides services to customers in 19 countries including the U.S., Canada, Europe and Mexico.
• In its first full year in Europe, DFS helped more than 4,700 Dell customers invest in their end-to-end technology solutions.
• DFS is growing its Channel business faster than any other segment, now working with more than 2,000 partners to finance total technology solutions for end user customers.
• DFS helps remove many of the financial barriers to acquiring new technology so customers and partners can focus on growing and delivering business results.
Dell Shapes the Future of IT with Dell Ventures
• Dell Ventures’ investments will allow Dell to stay at the forefront of innovation for customers, and support the entrepreneurs who are helping shape the future of IT.
• Dell has announced investments in Invincea, Lastline, Formation Data Systems and Nexenta since the $300 million Strategic Innovation Venture Fund was launched last year. The fund is targeted toward investments in early-to-growth-stage companies in emerging technology areas including storage, cloud computing, big data, next generation data centre, security and mobility.
• Dell Ventures continues to work with our business units across Dell, pulling together nimble, high-impact, cross-functional teams in areas of strategic focus. These teams expand our bandwidth and ability to identify, invest in, partner with and contribute to the success of more entrepreneurs and startups with leading-edge emerging technology solutions.
• Dell is bringing value to startups including technical and business counsel, access to brand, customers, channel and go-to-market partnerships, and OEM solutions.
“Dell is continuing to emphasise a customer promise to create the most secure and manageable IT solutions. These areas are critical for any IT department, but so is the need to satisfy the end user. Dell has wrapped its core IT strengths with new thoughtfully designed and attractive products geared for enhanced productivity in a variety of customer use cases.” – Patrick Moorhead, founder, president and principal analyst, Moor Insights & Strategy
Join us November 4-6 at Dell World 2014, Dell’s premier customer event exploring how technology solutions and services provide organizations a better way to accelerate business’ ability to innovate. Learn more at www.dellworld.com and follow #DellWorld on Twitter.