WumDrop is the overall winner of the MTN Business App of the Year 2015 for their courier and fleet management application that allows users to pick up or deliver anything, anywhere and anytime in real-time.
Developed by Benjamin Claassen and Muneeb Samuels, the WumDrop app is available to business clients and can be incorporated in their e-commerce offering.
WumDrop was also selected as the winner in the Best Enterprise category, and other winners include:
- DSTV Now in the Best Consumer App 2015 category,
- Vula Mobile in the Most Innovative App 2015 category,
- CPUT Mobile in the Best Enterprise Development App 2015 category,
- EskomSePush in the Best Breakthrough Developer App 2015 category, and
- M4JAM in the Best Wild Card App 2015 category.
The MTN App of the Year challenge seeks to unearth innovative and customised apps that will create a distinct customer experience.
“The key to this year’s challenge was not to simply add another App to the current line-up, but to look for an innovative idea that is set to change the way business is conducted,” said Alpheus Mangale, MTN Business South Africa chief enterprise officer.
“MTN Business’ intention has always been to create an enabling environment for South African developers, and provide them with opportunities to compete in the global market.”
Some previous winners of the MTN Business App of the Year have gone on to top both local and even international download charts.