DVT offers certified enterprise agile training this month
Jun 12th, 2014
Software and services specialist DVT is offering a unique training course this month specifically aimed at program and project managers that want to take their agile implementation skills to the enterprise.
The ‘Leading SAFe’ training course covers the fundamentals of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), giving attendees the tools they need to lead an enterprise agile transformation by leveraging the framework’s underlying principles of lean thinking and product development flow.
Embrenchia Snyman, head of the DVT Academy in Gauteng, says SAFe is becoming a differentiator in the enterprise as organisations embrace the competitive advantages of agile in the workplace.
“As agile continues to gain momentum through successful deployments both locally and abroad, organisations are increasingly wanting to ‘take the next step’ and unlock the benefits of agile in the broader enterprise,” says Snyman.
“That’s where SAFe comes in, with tools and techniques on scaling the investment in agile to teams and processes further up the management chain,” she says. “It’s a mindshift that’s going to increase demand for skilled consultants that have the necessary training and certifications, something we’re keenly aware of in South Africa given the shortage of skills in this area.”
The Leading SAFe coursework covers eight focus areas, including:
- An introduction to SAFe;
- Lean thinking – an overview of Lean Product Development Flow;
- Agile development – applying agile in the enterprise context;
- SAFe ScrumXP – scalable technical, project management and economic prioritisation practices;
- Agile release trains – understanding how agile teams optimise quality and velocity for the enterprise;
- Agile portfolio management – transformational patterns for strategy and investment funding, program management and governance;
- Agile architecture – principles of agile architecture, the role of system and enterprise architects, and architecting with Flow; and
- Scaling leadership – scaling lean and agile leadership for the enterprise.
Attendees completing the course and passing the examination receive a Scaled Agile Framework Agilist (SA) certification from DVT.
Leading SAFe runs over two days, from June 30 to July 1, in Rivonia, Johannesburg, at a cost of R8,500 per person. To register simply e-mail [email protected] with your details