Internet of Things innovators IoT.nxt added three more awards this year, confirming its status as a leading global technology company.
IoT.nxt’s V-Raptor – a technology-agnostic edge gateway and platform launched earlier this year won the category Research and Development or new Launch in the IoT Global Awards announced in November. Virtual Raptor (V-Raptor) is an IoT aggregation platform. It is designed to allow for easy integration of large numbers of devices and gateways in a secure manner. The V-Raptor enables Raptors, third party gateways and smart devices to be deployed, configured and monitored at scale.
In early October IoT.nxt, with Vodafone, was recognised as the Overall IoT Security Solution of the Year in the 2021 the CyberSecurity Breakthrough Awards. This awards programme was created to serve as the information security industry’s most comprehensive program that recognises the top companies, products, technical innovation and people in the cybersecurity industry today. The entry criteria and a corresponding set of assessment tools considered six aspects for each entry – innovation, performance, ease of use, functionality, value, and impact.
The company’s HR team was recognised in the 2021 Future of HR Summit and Awards programme and won the category Best HR Industry Innovation using Technology. This award honours excellence in business with a proven ability to develop creative and insightful practices which improve the performance of the organisation, by using a technology that creates a significant impact on the work environment. It also identifies excellence in the area of human capital in technology used by an in-house HR team.
Shane Cooper, Acting CEO of IoT.nxt, says ending a challenging year with three awards is testament to the teams’ dedication and the company’s well-established innovation culture. “We are proud of what we develop to address the business challenges of our customers and receiving industry recognition for our innovation is wonderful additional validation,” Cooper says.
Earlier awards and accolades:
- IoT World awards USA 2020: Nomination for Best IoT Energy Solution.
- Intel: MRS Solution & IoT Alliance Partner 2020.
- Dell Preferred Partner 2020.
- IoT.nxt has achieved ISO 9001, ISO 45001, and ISO 14001 registration from WCS 2020.
- 2020 Verdantix Smart Building Innovation Award for Vodafone Group won the Corporate Headquarters Retrofit category for its innovative use of an IoT platform.
- 2019 MachNation report: Best-in-Class IoT Platform: edge, data management, monitoring & usability.
- Da Vinci tt100 2019 Management of Technology Award for Medium Enterprises.
- Microsoft best Independent Software Vendor (ISV) partner 2019 and finalists in a further eight categories.
- Categorized as a notable vendor for IIoT in Gartner Magic Quadrant for IoT Platforms report, July 2019.
- Microsoft Gold Partner: Cloud Platform 2018.
- Microsoft Gold Partner: Data Platform 2017.
- Overall Winner and Best Commercial Solution 2017 MTN Business IoT Awards South Africa.
- Finalist in the Da Vinci tt100 innovation index for Emerging Enterprises in 2016.
- IoT.nxt was selected by global consulting company Gartner as one of six African aspiring innovators ahead of Gartner’s Symposium/ITXpo held in Cape Town in September 2016.