Nutanix announces local availability of desktop as a service solution Xi frameJun 4th, 2020 Edit post
Nutanix (NASDAQ: NTNX), a leader in enterprise cloud computing, today announced the immediate local availability of its Desktop as a Service (Daas) offering, Xi Frame, in South Africa. South African customers will now be able to deliver virtual apps and desktops to clients no matter where they are, provisioned via the public cloud or hosted within their Nutanix data centre.
The announcement follows increasing demand from local customers, as a result of the global health pandemic, for an enterprise-grade work-from-home (WFH) solution to support a remote desktop environment that they can roll out quickly and scale on the fly. Xi Frame is a proven DaaS solution that offers customers access to applications on any device and from any location and helps support a client’s desire to enable cloud- and digital-first environments.
“It is going to be very hard for businesses to put the work from home genie in the bottle, which has created the requirement for virtual workspaces that can safely and seamlessly integrate with their data, applications, and storage environments,” states Paul Ruinaard, Regional Sales Director Sub-Saharan Africa, Nutanix. “Xi Frame is a proven technology that has enjoyed extensive success globally. Now with the local launch, we are providing South African businesses a multi-cloud DaaS offering that will deliver the flexibility needed to better manage and deploy remote desktops, helping customers build better business resiliency for their organisation, today and beyond the current pandemic.”
Available locally on-premises or through Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services, Xi Frame provides a simple DaaS solution that is scalable, highly interoperable, and cost effective. With Xi Frame, customers can bring their own cloud subscription(s) and/or Nutanix HCI infrastructure and enjoy the flexibility of the best-fit cloud for their virtual desktop requirements.
With baked in analytics tools, a customer can monitor user usage, track all administrative actions and optimize elastic scaling parameters to control costs. When coupled with Nutanix Beam, the company’s multi-cloud optimisation and management tool, a customer can better control and manage a full multi-cloud environment helping minimise cloud costs and reduce security risks. Further, with a robust control plane delivered as a service, customers are no longer bogged down with the management burden associated with traditional VDI environments including infrastructure management and the associated support costs.
- Easy to Use – Xi Frame boasts an intuitive administrative interface that supports zero touch maintenance without the need for highly skilled technical skills.
- Proven at Global Scale – Customers can provision thousands of users per account in under an hour. Spin up secure cloud workspaces in any local or global cloud region.
- Elastic by Design – With Xi Frame, clients can pay as they go based on actual consumption of the service.
- Developer Friendly – Clients can use their existing files, connect to Identity as a Service (like Azure AD or Okta), or extend their enterprise network to the cloud with Xi Frame.
- Built for Security – Numerous features including non-persistent VMs, data segregation, controls over local/remote data movement, auditing logs and more have enabled Frame to meet stringent security standards including SOC 2 Type 1 and 2, SOC 3, ISO 27001, ISO 27017, and ISO 27018.
- Enterprise-ready – With Xi Frame you leverage the only multi-cloud Windows workspace service running at a global scale, reaching users in more than 200 countries.
Clients who sign up can take part in a no obligation 30-day free trial https://www.nutanix.com/work-from-home
Supporting Customer Quotes:
“Xi Frame has allowed us to quickly get feedback on pre-release software from customers around the world and make important improvements before the final release,” said Sanjay Ramaswamy, Product Manager, Autodesk Inventor.
“Frame made it easier than ever for us to reach 5X more users by running our virtual stores directly in a browser, with no plugins or downloads needed,” said Tracey Wiedmeyer, CTO at InContext.
“Xi Frame is cloud agnostic, which makes it an ideal solution for a customer that has already committed to a cloud offering like AWS or Azure. We are positioning Xi Frame as a platform to enable our customers to roll out our applications in the cloud in the fastest possible time,” said Simon Lingard, Senior Director, Product Management at Aspen Technology.