Feb 14th, 2017
February is the month of love and specialist cloud software and backup services provider Redstor is eager for the market to test if they really can rely on their backup.
In celebration of #valentinesday, the market has to make sure they feel the love from their specialist #backup provider.
To this end, Redstor encourages clients to ask a series of questions to ensure that they have an ideal match.
- Is the organisation reputable and accredited?
- Where is the service delivered from and where will data be stored?
- What level of security can I expect from the service?
- What is the support process if I must restore quickly or from a disaster?
- What are the Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and guarantees in place?
Danie Marais, Director at Redstor, says, “In a time when data backups are an essential part of any organisation or business, it can be hard to choose between hundreds of technologies and the service providers offering them. Having to “break up” with your managed service provider may seem stressful so it’s important that you choose the right one. For organisations with long term backup retention this is especially true; the likelihood being that with long term retention comes a long-term contract, over a 3 or 5 year period.”
Redstor asks why go to the hassle of reviewing or changing? As with a lot of modern technologies, the speed at which features are being released into backup services and solutions is in no way slowing down.