ZTE Corporation (0763.HK / 000063.SZ), a major international provider of telecommunications, enterprise and consumer technology solutions for the mobile internet, today has announced the release of a carbon neutrality white paper and a green end-to-end future-oriented solution GreenPilot at the MWC 2022, strengthening its commitment to carbon reduction to accelerate progress towards the sustainable development goals.
Jointly released by ZTE and Frost & Sullivan, a research & consulting firm, the white paper Pathways to Carbon Neutrality: The Transformative Role of Digitalization illustrates the climate changes ahead and the global commitment to carbon reduction. It also explores the decarbonization impact of digital technologies in four sectors of telecommunications, electricity, transportation, and manufacturing, with a focus on telecommunications for its excellence and potential in creating a transformational acceleration of decarbonization efforts.
To cope with the climate challenges, ZTE adds GreenPilot to its green solution portfolio to help reduce mobile network energy consumption to make green networks.
“The newly-released GreenPilot solution is applicable for various scenarios, offering full-process energy-saving solutions to maximize the energy efficiency and reduce carbon emissions,” said Ms. Chen Zhiping, Vice President at ZTE. “GreenPilot incorporates solutions of RualPilot, SolarMaster, SmartLi, PowerPilot and GreenDC, which are designed to satisfy requirements of different scenarios.”
- ZTE RuralPilot: Featuring Lego design, ZTE RuralPilot can be assembled, detached and expanded easily. All the devices are installed on the pole, making transportation and construction easier, thereby leading to a decrease of the engineering cost by 50%. Moreover, solar panels and intelligent lithium batteries provide 100% clean power supply without mains and diesel generator electricity. And as the total power consumption of a site can be controlled within 150 Watts, the power consumption can be reduced by 59% and the CAPEX by 35%.
- SolarMaster: ZTE SolarMaster supports smooth upgrade to solar power with innovative technologies, and maximizes the solar power conversion efficiency while increasing the power generation efficiency by over 10%.
- SmartLi: ZTE SmartLi battery solution allows the direct hybrid use of intelligent lithium batteries and legacy batteries, to achieve smooth capacity expansion and protect existing site investment. In the AAU remote power supply scenario, Voltage Boosting function of SmartLi can reduce the cable loss, saving 30% additional mains electricity cost. Thanks to this function, the battery capacity can be released by 100%. In this way, site power storage system CAPEX can be saved greatly.
- PowerPilot: Based on AI and big data, ZTE PowerPilot2.0 solution, the most important part of GreenPilot, can dynamically match network resources through real-time monitoring and load prediction. Without affecting user experiences, the power consumption is reduced by shutting down redundant resources to save power intelligently. The overall network power consumption is reduced by more than 30%.
- GreenDC: ZTE GreenDC solution employs innovative technologies in aspects of air conditioner, power distribution, and management and control to achieve power saving and emission reduction. In China, ZTE has worked closely with Tencent to deploy the prefabricated fully-modular data center. By applying multiple power saving technologies on a large scale, the power consumption is reduced by 30%, and PUE is reduced to 1.25.
ZTE has just been rewarded with the 2022 Global Telecom DC Power Product Leadership Award, according to the Frost & Sullivan’s assessment of the global telecom DC power industry, in recognition of the company’s highly efficient, modular, intelligent and green telecom power solutions addressing the current customer pain points and evolving future 5G requirements.
ZTE has always been taking “green and low carbon” as one of the company’s core strategies. To date, ZTE has deployed more than 500 green innovation patents. Moving forward, the company will keep strengthening its research efforts to achieve breakthroughs in key technologies, expecting to build a zero-carbon society together with its global partners.